The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Professional Stage Hypontism by Ormond McGill (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

redstreak
View Profile
Inner circle
A.K.A David Kong
1368 Posts

Profile of redstreak
Can someone give me a review of this?

- thanks
Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
1822 Posts

Profile of Rennie
Redstreak,
I cannot give you a review of the book however I know Ormond and see him occasionally at a S.A.M. meeting in Palo Alto. What I wanted to say is, I believe the title is called " The Encyclopedia of Stage Hypnotism "and you could do a search on ABE Books are check with H&R books.
I believe the last time I saw it for sale it was around $25.00
Rennie
The effect is the important thing, how you achieve it is not.......
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
The Encyclopedia of Hypnotism from Ormond has just been republished with additional material and called
"The New Encyclopedia of Stage Hypnotism".

Just republished in the UK, the UK retail price is £45 certainly more than double the $25 quoted above. The back cover has TV hypnotist Paul McKenna saying it is "The most extensive work yet published on the subject of stage hypnotism".

Gill Boyne is also quoted on the back cover as saying "Ormond McGill has produced a masterwork on Stage Hypnotism.."

It has 606 pages. First published in 1996, it is now in its seventh reprint. I think that pretty much speaks for itself, it has gone into a reprint every year!

"Professional Stage Hypnotism" was an earlier McGill title, at a guess, I would think it is incorporated within the encyclopedia, but someone else may be able to confirm that.

Paul.
R2
View Profile
Special user
935 Posts

Profile of R2
It is very comprehensive.
It includes an array of different techniques and subtleties for a varying set of conditions and environments.

Each sequence is spelled out for an easy jumpstart into a session.

He also lays out some of the ethics involved with using your newfound ability. Do's and don'ts!~r2

Yes. It is a huge collection of techniques in an easy to read and understand format with scripts!

My highest recommmendation!
redstreak
View Profile
Inner circle
A.K.A David Kong
1368 Posts

Profile of redstreak
"Professional stage hypnotism" is a "totally revised" edition of "the encyclopedia of stage hypnotism"
chriscox
View Profile
Regular user
London
174 Posts

Profile of chriscox
You can get the encyclopedia from Amazon UK at cheaper prices!
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
Quote:
On 2003-08-15 13:33, redstreak wrote:
"Professional stage hypnotism" is a "totally revised" edition of "the encyclopedia of stage hypnotism"

I guess it was revised again in 1996 then, when they recalled it an Encyclopedia and added "New" in front of it. SmileThe current edition has only just been released, alongside McGill's autobiography, "Secrets of Dr. Zomb".

Encyclopedia is an apt description.

I have not seen the Amazon.com prices, but you may even be able to get second hand copies of earler editions there.

Paul.
SBeck24Svn
View Profile
New user
Leeds, England
83 Posts

Profile of SBeck24Svn
Yes this is a great book - well worth reading. I'm a beginner to the subject of Hypnotism, but yet I found it very easy to understand. Worth every penny. (or cent?)

Simon.
wayman
View Profile
Special user
England - Sunderland
589 Posts

Profile of wayman
I have read lots of Hypnosis and NLP books, and I have to say this IS one of the best I have come across.

If you have a serious interest in hypnosis then this is the book for you.
MagicalPirate
View Profile
Special user
Shamokin, PA
828 Posts

Profile of MagicalPirate
There are actually three of these. I believe the original was The Encyclopedia of Stage Hypnotism (1947), then came Profesional Stage Hypnosis (1975), and then the New Encyclopedia of Stage Hypnosis (1996).

If you haven't already bought any of these I would suggest that you put your money into the New Encyclopedia Of Stage Hypnosis. This represents the culmination of a lifetime of information from McGill and is larger than any of the previous editions. This is a pricey volume, but it is better to get all the latest information and you should be willing to invest in your education on a subject like hypnosis. It's not like magic where you can learn the trick in five minutes and start doing. You also don't want outdated methods that it is dangerous to use.
Martin Blakley, CSH, DASH, CMSA
http://www.thehypnoguy.com/HYPNORESOURCES
http://www.docgrayson.com/
How To Sell Anything Online
http://tub.bz/?r=1z
Copyright to my own words retained 100%.
highmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
399 Posts

Profile of highmagic
Ormond McGill really inspired me in my youth.... However, some of his works are a bit outdated, and you really should be working on the scripts
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Professional Stage Hypontism by Ormond McGill (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL