The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » A successful event (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

twm
View Profile
Regular user
of wine.
109 Posts

Profile of twm
Since I've been hanging around here, there has been a huge improvement in my performances. Can I share the latest with you please?

It was a typical event. A family party for a 6 year old grandson. He wanted to be my assistant. I decided to play the part of a boastful wizard, for whom everything went wrong, and everything my assistant did went perfectly.

I started with 4 sheets of 3ftx2ft mdf leaning against a wall, and apologising that I couldn't find the birthday boy, so had to start without him. Used the four sheets to make a box in which the birthday boy appeared. He played the part perfectly, surprising the adult members of the audience as well as the other youngsters. Without boring you with all the details, typical of what I did was to use an egg bag to try and produce an egg to be used in Bish, Bash, Bosh. I failed. He asked to have the bag, and produced an egg. So that was the general theme.

It was great fun, and everyone seemed to enjoy it. Thanks everyone for your input during the planning phase, and for the inspiration which helped me raise my game from doing a series of tricks to doing a magic show. Big difference!
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Congratulations! First, last and always we are entertainers. What people remember is how we made them feel.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Dr. Delusion
View Profile
Special user
Eugene, Oregon.
733 Posts

Profile of Dr. Delusion
Great to hear !
It's always good to read about another success story.
Thanks much for sharing your story and keep up the good work.
Bob.
Zaose
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of Zaose
That sounds really fun for him, getting to be the hero and all. I have a 5 year old, so I might have to work a show where she does the same. Great idea.

Did you wear a wizard costume or something similar?
twm
View Profile
Regular user
of wine.
109 Posts

Profile of twm
Thanks guys.
@Zaose. No, I just wore a very small star on my shirt, and explained that I wore it because I was the star of the show. When my assistant appeared from the box, he was wearing a wizard costume with huge stars on it. The audience drew their own conclusions.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » A successful event (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL