The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Feminine Mystique » » Adding magic to your dance performance (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

wkitwizard
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles
466 Posts

Profile of wkitwizard
I posted a similar topic on the "New to Magic" thread, but got nothing but "crickets". So here goes again. Below are links to dancers who've added stage magic to their acts in an effort to enhance the complete performance and to tell a story. Is there anyone here who's experienced this process and gotten positive results?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aB_N0qHKOD0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=topH1XuBmx8
Nothing is truer than the incomprehensible, because the sum total of our knowledge consists of the fact that we know nothing. Our reality is an illusion. Thus illusion is reality-Punx
Rebecca_Harris
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of Rebecca_Harris
I've done things the other way around and added dance and music to magic routines. I think it can work really well, it adds something a bit different and gives the girls a little niche that the boys can't really get into.
wkitwizard
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles
466 Posts

Profile of wkitwizard
Seems few magicians are willing to get out of their "comfort zone" and take dance/movement classes that would add more fluid motion to their performances. Magicians have been accused of "living in their heads" over and over, and don't "get" that everything they do on stage-smile/point/turn/move hands, feet, and eyes-have to be done with practiced style-and professional grace.
Nothing is truer than the incomprehensible, because the sum total of our knowledge consists of the fact that we know nothing. Our reality is an illusion. Thus illusion is reality-Punx
ikarla
View Profile
New user
Miami
7 Posts

Profile of ikarla
Agree with Rebecca and I would like to see you performing while dancing.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Feminine Mystique » » Adding magic to your dance performance (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL