The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Neodinium magnet price (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

gimpy2
View Profile
Special user
960 Posts

Profile of gimpy2
WOW! Just went to order magnets to refill my inventory and found out the magnets I had been paying less than $5 for are now $20. As I understand the Chinnese have control of the market and wont be selling the material for them at an afordable price. I am being told the price will continue to rise quickly.

Forget gold buy magnets:)
MuleePete
View Profile
Loyal user
272 Posts

Profile of MuleePete
Do not know your price point for the magnets, but Lee Valley Tools are still the same.

I order the sampler pack for $14.95

Pete
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
Hang on to your wallets, folks...we are in for a bumpy ride! As the US Dollar continues to plummet in value due to the insane practice of continually printing more money with nothing to back it up, we will see a sharp increase in inflation.

I anticipate a worldwide economic downturn for at least the next year or two, unless the US Congress can grow up, act like adults and tighten their belts the way us "normal" people do when things get tight.

Right now, though, they seem hell-bent on spending us into oblivion.

If this continues, prices on commodities will spike, as will oil.

Magnets, I believe, fall into the "Rare Earth" category of investing, which is expected to increase sharply, as will silver, gold, and other precious metals.
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Gimpy,

Check out seller emovendo on Ebay. I've been buying from him for years.

~michael
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Rick Fisher
View Profile
Elite user
Rick Fisher
471 Posts

Profile of Rick Fisher
I buy from Amazing Magnets....best price and service
Rick Fisher, President FAB Magic

"One of the largest magic shops in the world!"

www.fabmagic.com
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
2425 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
Quote:
On 2011-05-26 09:37, Rick Fisher wrote:
I buy from Amazing Magnets....best price and service

DITTO! Their website is the best I have seen. Service is fantastic.
We have ordered thousands of magnets from this company.
Some folks have found other companies a bit cheaper but we swear by this company.
Service is most important and I'll pay a bit more for that.
I have not seen a price increase this time.
Creator of Wacky Wolf Productions & Fine Collectibles

A DECADE of building Magic and we're just getting started!

http://www.wolfsmagic.com
EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
895 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt
Would have been cheaper to buy them- though they're called "rare earth", the actual material they're made from is fairly common. Unfortunately, the last US-based mine for the materials was closed, and the equipment moved to China. There were costs associated with environmental cleanup in the US that were irrelevant/ignored in China. Of course, after this, China decided to clamp down on the exports.

The magnets are used in everything from cars to batteries, so not having any operational mines is a bit of a security risk for the US; it would take a few months for the operations to come back on line. Of course, if the price of buying them from China becomes too high, I bet the US-based mines will re-open.
Self-proclaimed Jack-of-all-trades and google expert*.

* = Take any advice from this person with a grain of salt.
Bradley Morgan
View Profile
Special user
702 Posts

Profile of Bradley Morgan
A great website to get lots of different types of magnets is, http://www.kjmagnetics.com/

If you sign up for their newsletter they will send out discounts once in a while. They don't send out many emails.
"I do not know with what weapons World War 3 will be fought, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks and stones." - Einstein
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
KJ Magnetics is great and is my usual source for neodymiums, and I have also purchased from Amazing Magnets. Both companies have great prices that do not seem to fluctuate very much.
KingNothing
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of KingNothing
You may have heard of this before, but if you have the right tools, you can remove as many as four fair sized rare earth magnets from a scrapped hard drive.
guyactor
View Profile
Veteran user
355 Posts

Profile of guyactor
HI. Good reading for an education on magnets, thanks.

I'm searching for a very strong pk ring. Suggestions for sources? Mens average sizes.
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
Quote:
On 2011-08-23 22:50, guyactor wrote:
HI. Good reading for an education on magnets, thanks.

I'm searching for a very strong pk ring. Suggestions for sources? Mens average sizes.

There may be others out there, but I have found the Wizard PK rings and the Tabman PK rings to be among the strongest. I am not sure what is going on with the Tabman line right now, whether they have halted production on new orders, if the business is up for sale, or what.

Any major magic dealer will have the Wizard line, available in Silver, Gold and Dark, in rounded or flat styles and they also make identical non-magnetic rings as well. If you go to your local jewelry store and have them size up your fingers, you will know what sizes to get. Just FYI, the PK rings are usually measured in millimeters.

I hope this information is useful to you.
guyactor
View Profile
Veteran user
355 Posts

Profile of guyactor
Dr. J - Yes, I've looked at the Wizard lineup of rings and see Generation 1 and 2. Are there any where the m****t may be removed? I'm looking at Frank's new 'Jump" dvd and am interested in his setup. He's got a separate one apart from his ring........ Thanks.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Neodinium magnet price (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL