The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Hot Shot Cut with Fewest Cards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Danny Diamond
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1400 Posts

Profile of Danny Diamond
I was practicing the HSC the other night and I started shooting off cards one at a time until the pack got smaller and smaller. The smallest packet I could perform the HSC with was 12 cards. The only stipulation I give myself is that the cut portion has to be 2 or more cards, meaning, I can't just spin one card off the top and complete the cut that way. Oh yeah, one more stipulation, I have to complete the cut, fire off the card, and make the catch too. I was wondering if anyone else tried the HSC with a small packet and what the least amount of cards you can do it with is?
You don't drown by falling in the water;

you drown by staying there.

- Edwin Louis Cole
Graymatter_Fireworks
View Profile
Veteran user
Atlanta, GA
357 Posts

Profile of Graymatter_Fireworks
I can't say that I've tried to practice the HSC this way. I suppose it would be good for getting experince in firing off the shots. I'm the kind of person that would get concerned with getting my hands adjusted to the smaller packets. Since I won't preform it this way, I'll probobly stray from practicing this way. -Brandon
"The social world in which we live, determines our experience of what is real." - John Gager
jgeist1
View Profile
New user
Baltimore
98 Posts

Profile of jgeist1
I can Hotshot Cut with 3 cards, but I apply extra pressure with my thumb so that the card will launch.

-Jason
Danny Diamond
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1400 Posts

Profile of Danny Diamond
Wow, 3 cards, I guess that is just about the fewest cards you could do it with!

Graymatter, I don't make a habit out of doing the cut with a small packet either, it's just something I was curious about. I actually find that after doing the cut with a smaller packet for a while, and then I go back to a full deck, the HCS is even easier than normal.

- Edwin Louis Cole
CLJ
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
281 Posts

Profile of CLJ
It's funny, because I was having a contest with another magician to see the largest amount of cards we could hotshot cut out of the deck. He came down to 25 cards left - I did it until I had about 10 cards left in my hand. Doing it with a small packet is really hard.
"Watch this, you ready now? Watch this, watch, watch, watch, watch now, watch closely, watch this, you watching now? Watch, watch..." - David Blaine
Danny Diamond
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1400 Posts

Profile of Danny Diamond
CLJ, that is about where I ended up, with 10 cards. I gave up on trying for less than that, because I was happy with 10. Being able to do the HSC with a small packet is pretty useless. I will admit that, so I stopped practicing small packets. But, my HSC is better than ever and my success rate is probably 97% with it, meaning a solid cut, tight spin, and clean catch. So, all the practicing worked for me!

- Edwin Louis Cole
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
I had never tried this before I saw this post! Three is totally possible, but it's easier if you do a setup and hold a break under the top card.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Very difficult to learn, but well worth it!!!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
You seem to be a big fan of the hotshot MagicChris!! LOL, I can understand, it's just so... addicting, LIKE THESE PEPPERS!!! Smile Smile Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Hot Shot Cut with Fewest Cards (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL