The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Keith Barry's Deception Series (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
I'm not sure if the series will air on Discovery UK but I'll ask Keith when I speak to him.

Best-

Bob
Nash
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong ~ USA
1101 Posts

Profile of Nash
I've always loved Keith, can't wait for this to be aired.

That car drop was funny as hell. I don't know if it was more entertaining to see the prediction came true, or the audiences jumped in terror : -)
I teach leaders the magic of curiosity and empathetic communication. keynote Speaker | Seattle magician
Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2455 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
Quote:
On 2011-05-29 05:57, Nash wrote:
I've always loved Keith, can't wait for this to be aired.

That car drop was funny as hell. I don't know if it was more entertaining to see the prediction came true, or the audiences jumped in terror : -)

Certainly a more dramatic prediction reveal than opening an envelope! Smile

Now if only I could get a crane into my local bar!
Winner of the Dumbringer Award for total incompetence. (All years)
dbarrow
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of dbarrow
Does anyone know where to get a copy or view episode 2 "Black Ops" of "Deception with Keith Barry"? It seems the show, itself, was pulled and that episode in particular is nowhere to be found. I would like to find DVD(s) or files of the series, especially episode 2. What happened to the show?
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

The show wasn't pulled. It was a limited series. It was originally supposed to be 1/2 hour episodes. That was later changed to 4 one-hour episodes.

Good thoughts,

Bob
oralroberts
View Profile
Special user
South Africa
930 Posts

Profile of oralroberts
I, for one, really enjoyed the "Dating" episode....some lovely original takes on some material that is already out there. Well done. And nice cameo from Bro Gilbert driving the blinfolded guy to the secret location(!)

Keep it up. Well done to Bob, Andrew, Keith and anyone I've left out!
oralroberts
View Profile
Special user
South Africa
930 Posts

Profile of oralroberts
...oh, and if anyone has the time...take a moment to read through some of the comments on the actual Discovery Channel website...very interesting.
dbarrow
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of dbarrow
Thanks, Bob. Is there anywhere I can get the series or that particular episode? I found it remarkable and worthy of further viewing.
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

I honestly don't know but I will try to find out. I was just a mentalism consultant for the series and had no involvement with the business end.

Best-

Bob
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
4005 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
I'm really looking forward to seeing it.

Thank you for the heads up!

David
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

My books are here: www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
magic.mind
View Profile
Loyal user
247 Posts

Profile of magic.mind
Great show. Looking forward to new news.
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10606 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Hey Bob, do you know was the show optioned to be picked up for future episode or renewal, or was it just a short run deal?
cpbartak
View Profile
Special user
Mooresville, NC
941 Posts

Profile of cpbartak
Why does Keith run away from people after performing for them? That struck me as kind of odd that he just darts off like that.
Some people hear voices.. Some see invisible people.. Others have no imagination whatsoever.
oralroberts
View Profile
Special user
South Africa
930 Posts

Profile of oralroberts
Quote:
On 2011-07-04 18:30, cpbartak wrote:
Why does Keith run away from people after performing for them? That struck me as kind of odd that he just darts off like that.

..they only had a limited time to shoot the series, so Keith didn't have time to chit-chat after each effect. He had to get on with the job asap!
dbarrow
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of dbarrow
Quote:
On 2011-07-04 16:11, David Thiel wrote:
I'm really looking forward to seeing it.

Thank you for the heads up!

David

Thanks. Apparently that show aired once and that's it. It doesn't show up on any future listings on Discovery Channel, TV Guide, etc. I don't think it is even available for sale as a series. You would think they would want to monetize their investment in the show, show it a bunch of times, sell it, etc. Maybe the content is too "dangerous" for the public to view, especially the "sleeper agent" segment. If the public realizes or thinks that kind of thing might be in use by the government on a regular basis; there could be trouble...
robwar0100
View Profile
Inner circle
Buy me some newspapers.Purchase for me 1 Gazette and
1747 Posts

Profile of robwar0100
I DVR'd all of the episodes but have only watched one. Tried watching the second, but I just could not get into it. This is just a personal preference; I liked Keith Barry's earlier special. Format just did not sit well with me.

I haven't deleted them; figure one day I will sit down and watch them.

Bobby
"My definition of chance is my hands on the wheel," Greg Long.
Aaron E
View Profile
Special user
756 Posts

Profile of Aaron E
Robwar

I agree. The whole "Psychological" approach has started to bore me.
oralroberts
View Profile
Special user
South Africa
930 Posts

Profile of oralroberts
My only suggestion would be for Mentalists' nowdays to stop pretending to tell the audience thier suppossed method. Too many of the effects were "explained".
Let the public make up their mind. The more you attempt to show them HOW it was done, I feel the less likely they are to believe it to be true.

Yes, Derren popularized it, but even he got himself into a sticky situation by trying to explain too much.

IMHO.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Keith Barry's Deception Series (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL