The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Smallville, it's over. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Anyone?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
I heard it was a good series, but I never got into watching it at the time. Maybe now I'll just watch all the DVDs from start to finish sometime.

Did the series wrap up in a satisfying way for the fans?
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I don't know. I mean they didn't "Soprano" it if you get my meaning.

I spent the first 4 or so years hoping they would kill off Lana Lang. Man she was annoying. If you are going to watch it, simply fast forward the last 10 minutes of every episode. It is just too much. It wraps up and then it goes ON AND ON and preaches and yada yada.

I liked it better in the beginning when he actually was in high school, and his powers were developing and Bo Duke was his dad and Lex was this sort of "maybe I am a good guy maybe I am a bad guy" charecter. The end had to come.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Though I stuck through the entire series, the latter half seasons were pretty bad at times. Especially when they tried to squeeze in as much Superman cannon as possible, before he was even "Superman."
Was much better when they tried to be original, while briefly touching on, and hinting at cannon.
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
I thought this thread was about America's great hope for capturing the world chess championship, Hikaru Nakamura.

ok, that was wayyyyyyyyyy inside. Nakamura's handle on Internet Chess Club is "Smallville."
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
I thought it was bad enough when Ma Kent gave her son matching boots and panties (ok spandex swim trunks) and a cape in case it gets cold - but to have that getup as a gift from "daddy" is just too creepy.

They really should have done "Global Frequency" IMHO.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2011-05-28 13:37, gdw wrote:
Though I stuck through the entire series, the latter half seasons were pretty bad at times. Especially when they tried to squeeze in as much Superman cannon as possible, before he was even "Superman."
Was much better when they tried to be original, while briefly touching on, and hinting at cannon.

Yea it was cool when he was in high school, getting his powers and such and going through being a kid. It was cool when future members of the Justice League would show up, and charecters like Perry White would blaze through. That sort of thing was my favorite part.

The only really smart thing they did was avoid Gotham like the plague. Smart move.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
@Danny, I almost like the way they brought in the Legion from the future, the Justice Society from the past and ... not liking but appreciate the introduction of Kirby's Fourth World characters and even Apocalypse itself at the end.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yea I did enjoy the sort of "take" on those. The way they explained Hawkman and Hawkgirl and they never meet and such. Those were definatly the interesting episodes.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Smallville, it's over. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL