The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Looking for English Penny Split Coin - Do they exist? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2630 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
If so, can someone direct me to a seller? Your help is greatly appreciated.
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

B2B Magazine Test!

Best impromptu progressive Ace Assembly ever!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
kcquinn50
View Profile
Loyal user
230 Posts

Profile of kcquinn50
Well, you could buy the Cartel Coins. You get a Kennedy half and English Penny. If you know what I mean.
Kelvin
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1339 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
I believe Roy Kueppers makes Chastain's coins. I would contact him directly.
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
jmagic
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of jmagic
English penny split coins are standard at http://www.joemogar.com
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1339 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
Kelvin has a point here. I take back my previous advice. If you act fast you can get both Cartel gaffs And an awesome routine essentially for the price of the one gaff you are looking for:

http://madhattermagicshop.com/magicshop/......_id=9922
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2630 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Thanks, guys! Cartel Coins look like exactly what I need. Just put the order in. Thanks for the info.

B2B Magazine Test!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2630 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Just wanted to post an update. I followed your collective advice and picked up a set of Cartel Coins for $60 from Mad Hatter. They were running a special.

They are exactly what I was looking for. An excellent set of coins. Thanks again, everybody.

B2B Magazine Test!

kcquinn50
View Profile
Loyal user
230 Posts

Profile of kcquinn50
Good for you. A few members placed orders and got a reply that they were out of stock or in some cases were defective stock that had to be returned. I got in early too. I love my set.
Kelvin
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Man, they wrote me that the Cartel Coins were defective and had to be returned to the distributor. Yet I haven't heard anything about them being defective from those who managed to get their Cartel Coins a day or two earlier than the email I received. Hmm, were they being dishonest? I really hate to sound accusatory because perhaps there is a more reasonable explanation, but it sure sounds like they simply decided that they didn't want to sell anymore of these at that price. Here's what they wrote:

Quote:
Hi Jim,
The Cartel Coins we received were defective. We have returned them to the distributor, and are refunding your order.

Ah, who the heck knows?

Jim
TWOCAN
View Profile
Special user
PORT RICHEY FL
876 Posts

Profile of TWOCAN
I don't know any company that opens there shipments to check the product they recieved,
Sounds like you hit the nail on the head Jim.
Profits over people are a common thing . Be uncommon and be the best .
kcquinn50
View Profile
Loyal user
230 Posts

Profile of kcquinn50
Unless the packages were open when they arrived. (To give them the benfit of the doubt.}

For my set, the coins were inside the DVD case, which was sealed in plastic wrap. You can't open to inspect unless you can rewrap the DVD case.

Too bad some missed out on this deal.
Kelvin
sal
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of sal
Quote:
On 2011-06-12 14:21, J-Mac wrote:
Man, they wrote me that the Cartel Coins were defective and had to be returned to the distributor. Yet I haven't heard anything about them being defective from those who managed to get their Cartel Coins a day or two earlier than the email I received. Hmm, were they being dishonest? I really hate to sound accusatory because perhaps there is a more reasonable explanation, but it sure sounds like they simply decided that they didn't want to sell anymore of these at that price. Here's what they wrote:

Quote:
Hi Jim,
The Cartel Coins we received were defective. We have returned them to the distributor, and are refunding your order.

Ah, who the heck knows?

Jim,
No they most really are defective! I ordered 4 sets
From Murphys and had to send back 3 got them replaced and still had issues with them , ....... Falling out ,not aligning correctly,etc finally I just sent them back and sandy went back to get a few To look at and put together a decent set for
me -- I stopped selling them Also because of all the issues, I finally did get a
Personal set put together but do not think that they will be stocking them until the quality goes way up.
Sal
PS: BUT - when you do get a set that is without defect -took three sets to make
my One -- they are really a killer set of Coins

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Looking for English Penny Split Coin - Do they exist? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL