The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Theories and Methods for the Practical Psychic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
"Why do you call yourself a practical psychic," he asked.
"I cheat," I replied.

Hello all, and please pardon this blatant advertisement for my latest work, "Theories and Methods for the Practical Psychic," which is thoroughly described and available for immediate download at http://mastermindreader.com/theoriesandmethods.html

I honestly believe that this limited release of all new material contains some of my best routines and utility items to date and I hope you all enjoy it. Those of you interested in switching techniques and the "Any card at any number" effect will find some very practical solutions.

(I must admit that I am glad I have finally finished this project. The Moleskine Divination, which I believe to be one of the most convincing demonstrations of clairvoyance available to date, was the most difficult piece of writing I have ever undertaken. I truly believe it was worth it, but don't expect me to write another routine like this one for at least 50 years!)

Best Regards-

Bob Cassidy
tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1787 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
Bob, nice piece of work. As I have stated previously I have only been performing mentalism for a little less than 2 years & between you, knepper & shaw I can generally always always get something of use & most of the time it is not effects but theory. But this time with pocket watch premonition my wife will be appreciative since she she just gve me a nice silver & gold pocket watch for our anniversary & I believe she will will enjoy seeing me use it in such a manner.
Quentin
View Profile
Inner circle
1020 Posts

Profile of Quentin
Having read it, it is terrific and like all of Bob's writings should be in every serious mentalists library.
Peter695
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of Peter695
Now, Bob. How the heck did you arrive at the price "$23.00" ? (He said after he purchased the material). (Maybe that's where the word "practical" in the title came from).
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4697 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
Fnord.

:evilgrin:
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Philemon!!

Please don't let on about the 23 dead Rosicrucians. It will only hasten the immanitization of the eschaton.

And Peter- there is absolutely NO SIGNIFICANCE to the number 23. I REPEAT- NO SIGNIFICANCE WHATSOEVER. It is essential that you understand this.

Best regards-

Bob Cassidy
(I think Philemon is one of the few that reads my books between the lines!)
John Smetana
View Profile
???? - 2009
499 Posts

Profile of John Smetana
There are others that are familiar with the '23"..have no fear

Best thoughts,
john Smetana Smile Smile
Smile Smile Smile
MichelAsselin
View Profile
Veteran user
20th century, 3rd dimension
326 Posts

Profile of MichelAsselin
Mac friendly?
" , ? ; !!! "
- Marcel Marceau, Feb 30, 1945.
Sir T
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Sir T
I bought Theories and Methods for the Practical Psychic, on a whim. I was not sure what to expect. I just finished reading it, you know the once over. I honestly say, "This book is WAY under priced!!! At 23 bones, it is a steal!"

My only complaint is, The Moleskine Divination link does not work, but that really is a minor issue, as anyone who lives near a Barnes and Noble can fix that problem and to be honest, I am sure you can find a Blank book, that will suit your needs.

And lastly at the end of script for this effect, there is a line that reads: .

(calc

Should that be there or is my copy incomplete? It is my feelings it should not be there........

OK, I am nic-picking. Bob's book is a must read, nice clean effects. Be one of the 300 to buy this e-book. If you perfer a book to an ebook, you can print this out at 33 pages on a cut and paste, no graphics.

Kevin Smile
Peter695
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of Peter695
Bob,

I'm certain your answer was clever.

Thank you.

Peter
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

(calc ????

This, too, has nothing to do with anything.
Actually, my original draft had a set of lengthy calculations with which I double checked the final text. The (calc was where they began. They served no real purpose except to make the effect seem even more complicated. It is actually quite straightforward if you give it a try.

One reader objected to the use of dice in a mental effect and felt my ad description was somehow misleading. If anyone else feels that way, all I can say is that I have blown away many previously skeptical minds with this effect. It is intended as a close up demonstration of remote viewing, presented under test conditions. The mathematics are invisible and the logical disconnect of the die switch serves to eliminate mathematical speculations by the audience.

And, Sir T (marvelous handle by the way), thanks for your kind comment about the book being underpriced. I guess it is if you consider that a single billet peek can go for up to seventy or eighty bucks nowadays and actually be well worth the money to a professional worker.

A few hinted that the opinion pieces (the "theory" if you will), while being interesting, should have just been posted in the cafe. I can only respond by saying that I post as often as I can and try to give assistance when it is needed. But the bottom line is that mentalism is my entire livelihood. It's about fifty percent booking and performing my act, and fifty percent creating material, writing my scripts and selling my written words. The rest of the time I sleep, drink beer, experiment with hallucinogenics and contemplate the immanitization of the eschaton. (Sorry, John, I didn't mean to let that slip.)

I realize that my writings can be rather quirky at times and not everyone shares my amusement with "in-jokes" and between-the- lines meanings that I have employed in the past.

I didn't do that this time, though. But I purposely buried and obfuscated a few things that should reveal themselves after a few readings.

Sometimes I like to let the really good stuff slip out at the end of a long and self-serving post- like the cold reading trick of telling a well dressed woman that she loved coloring books as a child. "In fact, I get the impression that you always stayed within the lines, a pattern that has seemed to follow you into adulthood. But going back to when you were a little girl... who was that boy next door you always got mad at because he pressed on the crayons too hard and used the wrong colors and went over the lines. He was a bit afraid of you, wasn't he? And you were secretly pleased by that...."

There, you got something free! That's one of my original cold reading lines and I invite you to give it a try. Use it on a woman who is obviously very careful with and concerned about her appearance. It hits almost every time."

I know, you're not supposed to reveal secrets in this forum. But I really doubt than many bothered to actually read this far.

Anyway, thanks again. Now go forth and shun the ill wind that blows no minds.

Frater B.
AMI
ddyment
View Profile
Inner circle
Gibsons, BC, Canada
2501 Posts

Profile of ddyment
Quote:
Kevin wrote:
OK, I am nic-picking. Bob's book is a must read, nice clean effects. Be one of the 300 to buy this e-book. If you perfer a book to an ebook, you can print this out at 33 pages on a cut and paste, no graphics.

Bob's new work is not really an ebook, as generally understood... it is a set of files to be read with a browser. As such, if you're in a Microsoft environment, you can open the files in IE, cut and paste the entire document into Word, and it will now be in printable form, all graphics and formatting preserved (of course, you can print directly from IE, but the result won't be nearly as attractive).

This also makes it trivial to clear up the spelling errors (but, alas, not the bad URL... I don't know what that was supposed to be) and make the pages break properly, resulting in a very nice "hard copy" 20-page book.

And of course, like anything of Bob's, it's very much worth buying, reading, and re-reading!

... Doug
The Deceptionary :: Elegant, Literate, Contemporary Mentalism ... and More :: (order "Calculated Thoughts" from Vanishing Inc.)
p.b.jones
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford Haven. Pembrokeshire wales U.K.
2642 Posts

Profile of p.b.jones
Hi,
further to Dougs comments if you have adobe acrobat you can simply tell it to open the web page (the explorer document) and it will convert it automaticaly to an acrobat document for easier reading or printing
phillip
Bambaladam
View Profile
Special user
636 Posts

Profile of Bambaladam
Just thought I'd say I got my copy tonight, have skimmed it, and I'm already happy with my purchase and looking forward to reading it properly.

Good stuff in there.

/bamba
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Theories and Methods for the Practical Psychic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL