The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » What are the worst sequels? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
magicgettogether
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
556 Posts

Profile of magicgettogether
Major League 2
80 years in the making - Magic Get Together
Visit Abbotts Magic Online - Abbott Magic
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2011-06-06 15:28, Payne wrote:
Indiana Jones 4 was far better than Indiana Jones 2. The only good thing about 2 were the opening credits.
Pirates of the Caribbean 3 mostly unwatchable
Hellboy 2 would have been much better if Hellboy wasn't in it. Hellboy fights demonic forces, not the Fey.
Both Matrix sequals were awful. but then the first wasn't anything to write home about either.
All the Alien sequels should be on the list as well as all the Predator ones. The reboot of Predator was interesting though.
Superman 3 and 4 are strangely absent from your list
The last two of the Planet of the Apes films
I'm sure there's more but I've successfully suppressed any recall of actually seeing them

Um, ALL Alien sequels? Even Aliens?

We obviously need Batman and Robin, and Spider-man 3.
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
The Burnaby Kid
View Profile
Inner circle
St. John's, Canada
3158 Posts

Profile of The Burnaby Kid
Quote:
On 2011-06-06 17:49, kcg5 wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-06-06 16:49, Andrew Musgrave wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-06-06 15:28, Payne wrote:
Both Matrix sequals were awful. but then the first wasn't anything to write home about either.

Matrix didn't have any sequels.

? Then what are the other two?

I have no idea what film or films you may be talking about. Matrix never had any sequels.
JACK, the Jolly Almanac of Card Knavery, a free card magic resource for beginners.
Slide
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of Slide
Hmmm...is this some sort of trick answer? The Matrix had two sequels: it was a trilogy:
The Matrix, The Matrix reloaded, The Matrix Revolution.

http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Matrix-Tr......00E1MTZE
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
So... takin' the wrong pill...
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
Erwin
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Erwin
Every subsequent movie tagged "Exorcist" or "Texas Chainsaw Massacre"
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2011-06-06 22:08, gdw wrote:

Since I've never seen a James Cameron film I liked Aliens finds itself on my horrible sequel list. He took a brilliant Gothic Horror story set in space and made it into a generic by the numbers action film. I also disliked that he took what was most likely a biological weapon system and turned it into an replicating alien species. The original alien had a very short lifespan. The only reason that Ripley was able to defeat it in the ebnd was because it was at the end of its life cycle and was dying. Thus a base infested with scores of aliens complete with a Queen goes against the original concept of the creature.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
Quote:
On 2011-06-07 12:07, Erwin wrote:
Every subsequent movie tagged "Exorcist" or "Texas Chainsaw Massacre"

I actually had thought about Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2. It was definitely a departure from the original. Whereas the first one was mostly gritty horror with some shades of humor, the second one played more like an over the top black comedy.
So I love the second one, but I'm not sure as a sequel. Undecided on 2. The rest definitely sucked in a major fashion.
The worst of the worst was probably "Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation." Yuck and a half.
~Will Rogers
The Burnaby Kid
View Profile
Inner circle
St. John's, Canada
3158 Posts

Profile of The Burnaby Kid
Quote:
On 2011-06-07 06:50, BillMcCloskey wrote:
Hmmm...is this some sort of trick answer? The Matrix had two sequels: it was a trilogy:
The Matrix, The Matrix reloaded, The Matrix Revolution.

http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Matrix-Tr......00E1MTZE

MATRIX NEVER HAD ANY SEQUELS LALALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!!!
JACK, the Jolly Almanac of Card Knavery, a free card magic resource for beginners.
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5777 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Yes it did Andrew.

They should've stopped after the first though.
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
Every Magnificent 7 film after the first. You just couldn't beat that cast.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2011-06-07 12:39, Payne wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-06-06 22:08, gdw wrote:

Since I've never seen a James Cameron film I liked Aliens finds itself on my horrible sequel list. He took a brilliant Gothic Horror story set in space and made it into a generic by the numbers action film. I also disliked that he took what was most likely a biological weapon system and turned it into an replicating alien species. The original alien had a very short lifespan. The only reason that Ripley was able to defeat it in the ebnd was because it was at the end of its life cycle and was dying. Thus a base infested with scores of aliens complete with a Queen goes against the original concept of the creature.

Well it certainly was a change from the original, though I wouldn't call it generic by the numbers film.

I actually kind of liked the switch in genres, it made sense as a progression in the series. But it was definitely a different film then the first.

critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
Well Rambo: First Blood part II was a definite departure from First Blood. Completely different movies. But both were good in their own ways. First Blood as a character study, and Rambo as a straight action film. And then they did the newest Rambo as a Grindhouse, and it may be tied with First Blood as my favorites of the series.
And why the heck did they go and retitle all of them anyway?
Originally, it was First Blood, then Rambo: First Blood Part II, then they made Rambo III, when there was never a Rambo II, and just to confuse things even more, the latest movie is also called Rambo. So it should be the second Rambo but the 4th First Blood.
Except now they've retroactively renamed First Blood as "Rambo: First Blood." It's enough to make your brain explode.
~Will Rogers
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Speaking of the non existent Matrix sequels, still on the fence about them, but there was something I know I did like about them.

The first set up the while prophecy, and then the second turned it on it's head with the whole thing being played by the machines, which meant all you really had was man vs machines, which was exactly what the third one was, minus Neo having some powers in the real world.

Though, to be honest, I wad really expecting it to turn out he was still in the Matrix at the beginning of the third one.

critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
I liked the fights in Matrix 2. I was glad that Morpheus finally got to kill an agent. Kind of redeemed him for the bathroom butt-whooping of the first one. The 3rd one suuuuuuuuuuuuuucked. It's too bad that Jet Li had to bail on playing the Prophet's bodyguard in 2 though.
~Will Rogers
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
First, Revenge of the Nerds 2 is a superb film. That it is not as good as the first is irrelevant to the fact that as a stand-alone film it is the work of genius. I'd choose to watch it over 99.99% of the comedies being made these days.

Second, the second Indiana Jones film is also well worth watching. Does it measure up to the others? No. But it's still a better viewing than 99.99% of the action/adventure films being made these days. Just think of it as a dark ride instead of a movie, and give it another viewing. You might be surprised. Well, maybe not Payne. He's a hard sell on these kinds of things.

Third, Andrew is correct: there were no sequels made to Matrix.

Fourth, my vote for the absolutely worst sequel ever made is...Slap Shot 2. I got it for free when I bought Slap Shot on DVD. But--get ready for this!--I recently discovered there is a Slap Shot 3. Are people that stupid?
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
Don't know if it counts as a sequel, remake, reboot, or what, but I detest Steve Martin's "Pink Panther" movies.
~Will Rogers
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » What are the worst sequels? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL