The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » France bans "twitter" and "facebook" from mention on radio and tv (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On 2011-06-06 19:03, gdw wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-06-06 18:46, Woland wrote:
I think it's a losing battle. Bandaids . . . to xerox . . . to tannoy someone . . . many more.

But when have governments recognized a losing battle?

Many many times throughout history
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2011-06-06 21:15, gdw wrote:
I would not say simply taking the thread titles from the headlines is intentionally writing misleading conclusions.

Except your title left out the word "words" now didn't it? Much more exciting and intentionally misleading.

You also left out "TV and news programs" now didn't you?

Here is the title as it reads.

Oh la la! French ban the words 'Twitter' and 'Facebook' from being used on TV and radio news programmes

You were intentionally misleading.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2011-06-07 09:35, Dannydoyle wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-06-06 21:15, gdw wrote:
I would not say simply taking the thread titles from the headlines is intentionally writing misleading conclusions.

Except your title left out the word "words" now didn't it? Much more exciting and intentionally misleading.

You also left out "TV and news programs" now didn't you?

Here is the title as it reads.

Oh la la! French ban the words 'Twitter' and 'Facebook' from being used on TV and radio news programmes

You were intentionally misleading.

Um, I think "mention" would imply the "words" "twitter" and "facebook." I don't see how you could "mention" them without using the words. No intent to mislead there.

As for your second accusation, leaving out "news programs," that was an honest mistake.

Also, again, you would think that the fact that the very first thing in the original post is a clear statement of clarification, "[t]hat is, the mention of the words will not be allowed, from the sounds of it, on news and talk shows" would be more than enough to show no intent to mislead.
Unless, now that I reread the article, I was mistaken in including "talk shows," which would be from hearing it presented that way initially in a different source.
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Funny how many "honest mistakes" you have that trun things into what they are not isn't it?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Slide
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of Slide
"" As in "on his twitter account, justin beiber announced he cut his hair""
Can we get the phrase "Justin Beiber" banned here in the US?

Btw, for a newscast to say: follow us on Twitter or Facebook is not really product placement, it is self promotion. Twitter and Facebook are more platforms than products. It is a little like banning them from saying "Watch us on Channel 9" which for some might be a good idea.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2011-06-07 13:09, Dannydoyle wrote:
Funny how many "honest mistakes" you have that trun things into what they are not isn't it?

Danny, you might have missed the addition from the edit, but you couldn't have missed the very first line of the first post. It is a clear statement of clarification on the thread title, "[t]hat is, the mention of the words will not be allowed, from the sounds of it, on news and talk shows."

The only potential bit that could be considered "misleading" would be my mention of talk shows, which I wrote because when I first heard news of this it was on the radio and they mentioned them as part of it.

Seriously, the very first thing I write in the first post is a clarification that the "words" cannot be mentioned, and it pertains to "news" programs, and you honestly think I was being intentionally misleading by not mentioning those things just a tiny bit earlier by including them in the title?

I think this shows that, if anything, I am clearly not the one intentionally trying to mislead here.

Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
We are talking about your poorly written title for threads that are misleading on purpose. Your first sentence does not come into play. PLEASE tell me you understand this.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
What YOU are doing is repeatedly intentionally trying to side track things.

gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
There was no intention to mislead Danny. Thread titles are meant to summarize the topic and create interest.
The first post then expands on, and clarifies, what was said in the title. Tell me you understand this?

magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Please Lord give him a clue.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I have been trying that, but again my donkey and I have tilted at this windmill for too long. We are once again on our way.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » France bans "twitter" and "facebook" from mention on radio and tv (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL