The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The tricks are on me! » » Nursing Home (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MikeHolbrook
View Profile
Regular user
USA, Angier, NC
112 Posts

Profile of MikeHolbrook
My mother visits a local nursing weekly. We don't have family there but there are people there who don't get many visits so she becomes "family" to them. Well you know what comes next, a request to do magic at the home. I appreciate all the advice I have found in this section.

Mike
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
Mike...it's also a great way to get your name out there. Most of the nurses have kids, or know someone that has kids. If you do birthday parties, it's a great source of leads.

...and you get paid in the end..."give and you shall receive"
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
maxnew40
View Profile
Elite user
402 Posts

Profile of maxnew40
I think that is a truly a great way to give something back to your community and bring some joy into someones life. If you have the time you should do it.

-Max
Leland
View Profile
Inner circle
St Louis
1180 Posts

Profile of Leland
Like many of us that's a good place to try something new and get the bad out of your act. Everyone needs a place to be bad. I know that's what worked for me! and still does.
Life of Magic!
MikeHolbrook
View Profile
Regular user
USA, Angier, NC
112 Posts

Profile of MikeHolbrook
I feel that I need to "add some color" to some of the tricks I do now in order to perform for the nursing home. Some of the tricks I do now work OK for a table with 5 or 6 kids but I don't feel they will work well in front of a room.

Mike
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The tricks are on me! » » Nursing Home (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL