The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » David Regal - The Regal Ring Chain (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
Martino
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, UK
928 Posts

Profile of Martino
Yes.
"There's a difference between not knowing how something is done and knowing it can't be done!" - Simon Aronson
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
973 Posts

Profile of PendletonThe3rd
Got this recently (better late than never) and am wearing it everyday. Love having it on as it's really a nice looking necklace if nothing else.

Yet, to be able to vanish a ring and then have it appear on the necklace is terriffic. And it certainly helps facilitate that in the way that it is crafted. And I say "crafted" because it is indeed that...so well thought out and elegantly made.

Now I do understand the past debate in this thread about the overall effect being, perhaps, a bit obvious (maybe it is, maybe it isn't, maybe to just us?). That said, I also think it's on the wearer to figure out how best to use it and the proper techniques to misdirect and separate the moments accordingly.

For me, its's a great looking necklace that can do some amazing thngs if I need it to whenever I feel like it.
lifeofwonder
View Profile
New user
Australia
54 Posts

Profile of lifeofwonder
Looking forward to seeing this David! Thanks again.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Quote:
On Aug 10, 2014, lifeofwonder wrote:
Looking forward to seeing this David! Thanks again.

Not sure what you mean... This was released three years ago.

Jim
Christopher Moro
View Profile
Special user
793 Posts

Profile of Christopher Moro
Old thread for sure, but has anyone come up with a solution for when you're wearing a buttoned dress shirt collar, aside from loosening the tie, if you have one, and unbuttoning? It seems most often this would be our attire when doing formal close-up. Thanks!
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
This is a really old thread, but I recently purchased this and started using it. I generally wear a collar shirt, and the chain tends to want to slide down behind my neck, pulling the front of the chain until it is choking my neck in front. So, it tends to go from a 30 inch chain in front to something that looks like a choker necklace.

Is anyone still using this?

Any comments or suggestions?

KJ
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
OK, I guess not too many people using this any more.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
KJ, I never had that problem with mine. My biggest problem when I was performing "dressed up" was the fact that I wear suspenders under my jacket. My dress belts just don’t hold things up well. The suspenders kind of lock the chain into the area between the straps and don’t allow a ring to get from the entry point in back to where you want it to end up. Ring would just get stuck up near my neck!

However I never experienced - nor saw anyone else with - the problem you mention. The assembly at the top rear should prevent the chain from dropping as you describe, I would think. It would seem that the stiff parts wouldn’t be able to get down your shirt very easily. They should be spread apart and back from the back of your neck. Are you wearing it that way?

Jim
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
In the DVD, he talks about tucking the back of the chain under your collar. I always wear a collar shirt. I find that after wearing it for some time, the weight of the back of the chain causes it to slide down my back and pull the front to my neck.

KJ
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Under you collar, as in, the outside of the shirt, so the ends are trapped at the back of the neck between the shirt and collar.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Thanks, Bill. I didn't get that from his explanation. I'll try it.
kj
Tevita_1
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Tevita_1
Where can I purchase the David Regal Ring Chain? I have looked everywhere. I live in Australia and would love to perform it. Thanks in advance..

David
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » David Regal - The Regal Ring Chain (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL