The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » The Gate Vol. 1 By Martin Adams (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Prager
View Profile
Inner circle
e-Mentalism.com
1858 Posts

Profile of Prager
Here is the ad:

Living and Dead Test:
This is my take ont he classic plot. This effect is completely IMPROMPTU and not use any gimmicks at all. The spectator who thinks the dead person name is random and unknown by the performer. You are able to reveal the dead person’s name and as and additional kicker you know which spectator thought of that person!
Perform this classic mentalism piece WITHOUT any gimmicks whatsoever!
The Any Word Book Test:
Imagine a book test that use any ordinary book and able to involve 30-40 audience members!

This routine is a complete 8-10 minutes stunning mentalism act.

X:
X is a „spectator as a mindreader” type of routine where the spectator is able to reveal the country that the spectator is thinking of.
X uses no gimmicks at all just a pen and a paper.

Lotto:
Lotto is a stage routine that involves 5 spectators on stage. In this routine the performer predict 5 freely selected numbers by the spectators.
There is nothing written down and the prediction is in full view at the entire time and as an additional kicker you can reveal a joker number that thought of by a 6th spectator.

Guess Who:
This routine is perfect for stage and close-up even for strolling.
The performer hold a stack of photographs and invite 3 spectators to play an imaginary game of „Guess Who”. Three spectators take out one photograph each and thru that time the performer not touch the stack of photographs at all.

The performer able to reveal all three selections in a mental game of "Guess Who"
-There is nothing to memorize
-No stacked deck
-No Force

The Bold Peek:
The Bold Peek is allow you to peek drawings, words, numbers, cards anything.
Martin offer various routines even a black and red separation.
The gimmick is the most ordinary object that nobody would suspect!

Make your choice!:
Make your choice is a mental game where the performer predict and say out loud the outcome before the game begins. The spectators have as many choices as they wish and of course the prediction will be always correct.
This routine is fits in your pocket and ready to go anywhere anytime!

Chocolate Roulette:
Chocolate Roulette is a pocket size russian roulette effect. The performer show 6 piece of chocolate to the audience and they select 5 out from the six. The performer ask the spectators to open the chocolates and bite it. All the chocolates seems normal. The performer ask one of the spectator’s to carefully open the chocolate that remained ont he table. When the performer open the chocolate there is a sharp razorblade sticking out from the chocolate.
This stunning mentalism classic fits in your pocket and you can perform it anywhere, anytime from close up to stage.

Serialistic:
Serialistic is a 3 phase serial number divination routine that involves 2 spectators.
Zerg:
Zerg is a two phase mentalism card routine where the spectator able to divine a freely selected card that unseen by him.
Jose Prager
The man who knows how to amuse and mystify

www.e-mentalism.com
Secret products for mentalists.
Nefesch
View Profile
Special user
El Salvador
611 Posts

Profile of Nefesch
It sounds very interesting I'm looking forward to read it, is it available already????

Nefesch
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3933 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
Very interested in this.
Especially in the chocolate roulette as I do perform a chocolate effect, also with a razor blade.

When is it out????

steve
EricDraven
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of EricDraven
Ahhh sounds very interesting!!
Believe me...nothing is trivial...
Martin Adams
View Profile
Elite user
455 Posts

Profile of Martin Adams
Hi Guys!

The Gate Vol.1 now available directly from me at: http://theforgottenart.com/thegatevol1.cfm and http://mentalshocks.com/portfolio/the-ga......in-adams

Best,

Martin
EricDraven
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of EricDraven
The routines really sound nice...
Believe me...nothing is trivial...
Martin Adams
View Profile
Elite user
455 Posts

Profile of Martin Adams
Quote:
On 2011-06-13 18:53, EricDraven wrote:
The routines really sound nice...

Thank you! Let me tell you many of the routines are completely impromptu. These effect use no more then a paper and a pen. If you like completelys impromptu mentalism you will like it! Smile

Best,

Martin
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3236 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Martin kindly sent me a review copy and I found The Gate interesting and inspiring reading.

English is not Martin's first language and some of the text is put a little awkwardly but is perfectly understandable. And seeing that Martin is writing in a different language deserves full credit.

Also The Gate does include some interesting effects. It opens with a Living and Dead test and includes a very clever subtlety which could throw those in the know off the scent. There is also a book test which involves a large number of the audience and effects such as these help get everyone interested. However, to be honest, I personally do not like the method described. It not only involves a lot of preparation but to my mind is risky. But there are alternative ways to achieve the same result and still involve a lot of the audience and this is, I think, the greatest thing about The Gate. The ideas behind the routines are great and, on reading these, you can tinker with the method and come up with your own version.

The same applies to an effect based on the Guess Who game. Again a great idea for a routine but you may prefer a different method. Another strong effect that I particularly liked was X. Here a spectator thinks of a country and you divine it. There is more to the effect than that but the effect is not limited to countries. You could for instance use place names, foods, song titles or theme it to something appropriate to your audience. And again The Gate is a bit like a springboard inspiring you to come up with your own versions of what are some clever routine ideas.

The Bold Peek is also a highly effective idea and again once you know the principle, you can play with it and use it in many ways, provided that is you have 'the necessary' which most of us have.

Martin has many other releases to his credit, with the pocket billet index Succubus a firm favourite with many, and The Gate certainly shows Martin's creativity and ability to come up with novel routines. He has called The Gate Volume 1 and I look forward to subsequent releases.
Martin Adams
View Profile
Elite user
455 Posts

Profile of Martin Adams
Thank you very much for your review! I'm glad you enjoyed my ideas. Smile

Best,

Martin
jakubr
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of jakubr
Sounds like a really interesting book. And review was also very helpful, thank you Neils.
Nefesch
View Profile
Special user
El Salvador
611 Posts

Profile of Nefesch
I just finished reading THE GATE!
I couldn't read it in one single shot, Martin has included a LOT of information, ideas, methods, concepts, etc. On this book!
I would recommend to everybody that gets its copy to enjoy the reading of this booklet, 11 routines are included in this book, all of them interesting and well explained, my favorite was "X" this is an effect in which the spectator becomes the mind reader, easy, simple, direct....

Nice work here
I enjoyed it very much

Nefesch
Martin Adams
View Profile
Elite user
455 Posts

Profile of Martin Adams
Quote:
On 2011-06-18 09:11, Nefesch wrote:
I just finished reading THE GATE!
I couldn't read it in one single shot, Martin has included a LOT of information, ideas, methods, concepts, etc. On this book!
I would recommend to everybody that gets its copy to enjoy the reading of this booklet, 11 routines are included in this book, all of them interesting and well explained, my favorite was "X" this is an effect in which the spectator becomes the mind reader, easy, simple, direct....

Nice work here
I enjoyed it very much

Nefesch

Thank you very much Nefesch! I'm glad you enjoyed it! Smile

Martin
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
Got to a gig too early so wrote his
1429 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
Really good ideas in this Martin, well done

We have now re-edited The Gate, adding several corrections. The revised, latest edition of the ebook is now live on the sites at

US http://www.madaboutmagic.com/p37250/The_......nfo.html

UK/EUR http://www.magicshop.co.uk/p20467/The_Ga......fo.html

Everyone who purchased the original version from us will automatically get the revised version by email later today.
Martin Adams
View Profile
Elite user
455 Posts

Profile of Martin Adams
Quote:
On 2011-07-08 05:50, Dominic Reyes wrote:
Really good ideas in this Martin, well done

We have now re-edited The Gate, adding several corrections. The revised, latest edition of the ebook is now live on the sites at

US http://www.madaboutmagic.com/p37250/The_......nfo.html

UK/EUR http://www.magicshop.co.uk/p20467/The_Ga......fo.html

Everyone who purchased the original version from us will automatically get the revised version by email later today.

If you purchased The Gate directly from me please don't hesitate to drop me a msg and I will send you the re-edited version. If you purchased it in the last two weeks that means you already have the re-edited version.

Best,

Martin
Balthasar V.
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of Balthasar V.
You can find it for half the price here: http://mindshocks.com/products/the-gate-vol-1
It is a 50% off sale.
timski523
View Profile
Loyal user
Bristol, England
226 Posts

Profile of timski523
Thansk for that, just got it!
mag1cman
View Profile
Regular user
Has contributed a meagre
142 Posts

Profile of mag1cman
Hi is anyone willing to do a comprehensive review on this book yet?

Thanks in advance.
*** Magic shouldn't be the only thing in your life BUT everything in your life should be magic! ***
blackpine0008
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of blackpine0008
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not believe, no explanation will suffice." Joseph Dunninger
markhitton
View Profile
Special user
964 Posts

Profile of markhitton
I like x effect ,the others are good enough.
overall interesting
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » The Gate Vol. 1 By Martin Adams (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL