The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Promoting: Cut the Strings by myself ! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TimonK
View Profile
Veteran user
Amsterdam
375 Posts

Profile of TimonK
Hey Fellows!

How are you doing?

I already posted about this here: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......rum=15&0 but I wasn't sure where it belonged ( Mentalism or Latest&Greatest ), so I thought two is twice as good as one Smile

I'll take a moment to promote my first release to the mentalism community: It's a book called "Cut the Strings" and available from http://www.magicbookshop.com/product_inf......id=16147

Basically I started the book 11 months ago when I came to New Zealand from Germany as part of an exchange programme. It turned out that the company I went with didn't want me to hypnotise people and, being a minor, I had to obey after a while. "Well", I thought, "If I can't demonstrate my knowledge I'll at least write it down." - so that was where my book began. First I didn't even plan on releasing the scripts but when I met Richard Webster he encouraged me to do so. Afterwards I got in contact with many more professionals and they all encouraged me to release "Cut the Strings". So here it is, freshly released (:

What's it about? The routines from "Cut the Strings" evolved from my performances in which I like to combine therapy-style or coaching segments with entertainment. All of them highly rely on psychology to work and do not need any gimmicks. I always thought a spectator could differentiate very well if something happens by actualy psychological means ( the 'real deal' ) or if it's just a trick. This book contains routines that are the real deal and work with the help of psychological tools. Some of them can be enhanced by using a trick, but most of them shouldn't need any trickery at all to be strong.

What am I proud of? When I first started to write the book, I had a lot of people telling me that it probably wouldn't work - for two reasons:

1) Many of them didn't believe that routines on psychology can be just as strong as a prediction box. But they can be. It's a different sort of strength I admit, but just as strong. To me, it feels beautiful to know that I've just done what I said I had done. It also is great to help and coach people while performing. Of course, the routines from "Cut the Strings" can also be used without the entertainment factor, some of the scripts I provide are even meant to only be used for coaching.

2) They thought I'm too young. I'm 16 and when the first person told that they thought I was too young I set myself a deadline to release the finished book: before my 17th birthday. I'll tell you what - my 17th birthday is next monday, the 20th of June, so I'd say I met my deadline and, of course, it makes me proud to have written a book with 16 that got so much great feedback from a lot of great people !

To perform the routines from "Cut the Strings" you don't need pre-knowledge of hypnosis or anything alike, although it would help.

Of course I wouldn't have got to this stage without friends supporting me, so I want to say another big thanks to everyone who supported me in any way during the process of writing this book

To finish off : In "Cut the Strings" you will be taught how to empower your audiences while entertaining them as well as and how to use the same tools for coaching sessions, too - and all that by a 16 year old...sounds good to me!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me here or to PM me. Preferably here of course, so that the rest of the community can learn from your question, too .

"Cut the Strings" is available here:
http://www.magicbookshop.com/product_inf......id=16147

Thank you

Timon.

P.S.: Here you'll find a comic Kyle made a while ago for me to promote "Cut the Strings": http://bitstrips.com/r/CF8PP
This comic was created by Kyle MacNeill http://www.lybrary.com/kyle-macneill-m-55676.html using http://www.Bitstrips.com
"But overcome space, and all we have left is Here. Overcome time, and all we have left is Now. And in the middle of Here and Now, don't you think that we might see each other once or twice?"
- Richard Bach, 'Jonathan Livingston Seagull'

www.timonkrause.com
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
Wonderful, it sounds great!

I'm always so happy to see and hear (and feel!) others heading down this path and taking our art in new, often un-explored directions.

You know T, Luke Jermay was startlingly young when he wrote and released his incredible "7 Deceptions" manuscript...and we all know how THAT turned out. It's still one of the very best primers for psychological mentalism that's been put into print, ever.

I'm placing my order now and wish you all the best!

-Jerome Finley
"Join my update list here!" http://eepurl.com/uE3Jf
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Timon,

My best wishes to you! You are young and getting off to a great start! I envy you!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Nefesch
View Profile
Special user
El Salvador
611 Posts

Profile of Nefesch
I was lucky to read this book a few months ago before it came to print!

I was contact by a guy named "Timon" (I had no idea who he was) Timon wanted me to read his book that one day he hoped to release...

After I read it I was jaw dropped, I didn't only loved the book, but when I asked this "Timon" how old he was and I heard he was THAT YOUNG, I just couldn't believe it my self, how could a young guy write this amazing material???? I still give my self the same answer every time I ask that question to my self: GENIOUS!!!! HE IS A GENIOUS!!!!

Since then I keep contact with Timon very regularly. And I must tell you guys: This material is simply: AMAZING. I am dying to read more from Timon.

Well done my friend!!!!

Nefesch
Kevin Schaller
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
264 Posts

Profile of Kevin Schaller
Timon is a very good friend of mine and it was very flattering that he asked me to read it. All I can say is that this is the stuff legends are made of! Respect! Smile
'Geniuses can make the world a better place or make it fall apart alongside their own minds.” - Kevin Schaller
TimonK
View Profile
Veteran user
Amsterdam
375 Posts

Profile of TimonK
Hey guys!

Thanks for the kind words and encouragement Smile !

Jerome, I'd love to read your thoughts on "Cut the Strings" once you had a read through.
I'm glad to get such a good response to this thread Smile thanks!

All the best,

Timon.
"But overcome space, and all we have left is Here. Overcome time, and all we have left is Now. And in the middle of Here and Now, don't you think that we might see each other once or twice?"

www.timonkrause.com
cpbartak
View Profile
Special user
Mooresville, NC
941 Posts

Profile of cpbartak
This sounds really impressive, Timon! It's on my to-buy list. Just the kind of stuff that interests me.
Some people hear voices.. Some see invisible people.. Others have no imagination whatsoever.
TimonK
View Profile
Veteran user
Amsterdam
375 Posts

Profile of TimonK
Quote:
On 2011-06-17 22:33, cpbartak wrote:
This sounds really impressive, Timon! It's on my to-buy list. Just the kind of stuff that interests me.

Thanks, please share your thoughts on it with us if you get to buy and read it Smile !

Best,

Timon.

www.timonkrause.com
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2757 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
Timon is such a great guy, I hope everyone supports him - he deserves it!

Kyle
TimonK
View Profile
Veteran user
Amsterdam
375 Posts

Profile of TimonK
Thank you for the compliments, Kyle Smile !

We'll have to have another chat at some time Smile

Best,

Timon.

www.timonkrause.com
cpbartak
View Profile
Special user
Mooresville, NC
941 Posts

Profile of cpbartak
Anyone receive this yet? If so, I'd really appreciate a review.
Some people hear voices.. Some see invisible people.. Others have no imagination whatsoever.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Promoting: Cut the Strings by myself ! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL