The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Rito de Iniciación (Luis Garcia/Juan Tamariz) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Zedd
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
270 Posts

Profile of Zedd
Hello!

Is this published in english anywhere??

Best regards,

Zedd
John Carey
View Profile
V.I.P.
1057 Posts

Profile of John Carey
Probably not is my guess my friend.

John
inaciolino
View Profile
Veteran user
369 Posts

Profile of inaciolino
Is this trick published in any language???
alicauchy
View Profile
Veteran user
Málaga, Spain
310 Posts

Profile of alicauchy
Quote:
On Jun 7, 2015, inaciolino wrote:
Is this trick published in any language???

It is announced as included in "El arte de las cartas", see http://www.juantamariz.com/artecartas.shtml
So much to do, so little time . . .
inaciolino
View Profile
Veteran user
369 Posts

Profile of inaciolino
Where can I get this book?
Ferry Gerats
View Profile
Regular user
the Netherlands
190 Posts

Profile of Ferry Gerats
There is a description in english in Mnemonica page 169
Zedd
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
270 Posts

Profile of Zedd
Will this book be translated?? O why was I not born in Spain........
Uli Weigel
View Profile
Inner circle
Berlin, Germany
1478 Posts

Profile of Uli Weigel
There's also an excellent german translation. You can get it here: http://www.sic-verlag.de/shop/sic-verlag......-91.html
Zedd
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
270 Posts

Profile of Zedd
Hi Uli,

i own Mnemonica (of course)! I was hoping for a translation of "El arte de las cartas"!!!!
helder
View Profile
Inner circle
Portugal
1065 Posts

Profile of helder
My version of Eddie fetcher "Be Honest What's it?" it's available at Penguin Magic
Check my Facebook group: Mentalism Secrets
Email: heldermagico@gmail.com
www.facebook.com/heldermagico
Zedd
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
270 Posts

Profile of Zedd
Yes....but still "only" in spanish.....
Arthurit
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of Arthurit
Quote:
On Jun 20, 2011, Zedd wrote:
Hello!

Is this published in english anywhere??

Best regards,

Zedd

Hi Zedd,

As fas as I know, there is no English description of this effect (Mnemonica contains only a brief explanation). There are however explanations in the Spanish magic literatura. Just for the record, the effect was first published in the bulletin of the "Escuela mágica de Madrid" in the late 70s. Probably, the most detailed explanation along with fundamental insights from the creator of the effect (Luis García) can be found in "El arte de las cartas".

On another note, if you ever have the chance to see Miguel Gómez perform his "Antología de la cartomagia española" act, you are in for a treat. For not only he performs his take on "El rito de iniciación" but he also perfoms some of the best card magic I've ever seen.
Zedd
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
270 Posts

Profile of Zedd
Hi Arthurit,

thank you for your reply - I'll check on Miguel Gómez!!

Best regards,

Zedd
inaciolino
View Profile
Veteran user
369 Posts

Profile of inaciolino
"Antología de la cartomagia española" is in video?
Arthurit
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of Arthurit
As fas as I know, I'm afraid it is not.
Maxyedid
View Profile
Special user
Panama
843 Posts

Profile of Maxyedid
This guy Luis Garcia, although he may produce some deep thoughts on magic, is at the same time a total lunatic who writes all the time about satanic conspiracies that want to take over the world; he denies the Holocaust and claims that "Sionists" are behind the CIA, and stuff like that. He believes there are alien entities trying to take over the world.

He publishes all this stuff in his blog, with all types of "proofs". He really is nuts.
NEW BOOK! "Semi-Automatic Miracles" - INSTANT Best-Seller at Lybrary.com
https://www.lybrary.com/semiautomatic-card-miracles-p-925333.html
chaos handlings, out of hands effects, and more
Maxyedid
View Profile
Special user
Panama
843 Posts

Profile of Maxyedid
The original version of Rito de I was published in 1979 in a spanish magic magazine.

The outline of the routine can be found in a book called "From the deepness of absence" - a book in spanish actually, but that wold be more or less the translation of the title.

Basically it's a poetic-metaphoric routine that starts with a new deck order. Several flourishes are made. Then several faro shuffles are, and the deck is shown totally shuffled. Then some routines are performed. Then the deck is shuffled more and returns to new deck order.

The basic secret is found in Hugard and Braue's Expert Card Technique, on the chapter on Faro Shuffles (although in the book I mentioned there is no reference to this).

I wouldn't like to expand further on the method.

Basically the whole routine is mostly presentation and the metaphors you can bring out with it.

Again, this guy Garcia although crazy is a deep thinker bringing concepts from philosophy, alchemy, symbology, tarot, etc. and somehow he leaks all this stuff in his presentations.

I highly doubt a standard magician could get any meaningful impact in the spectators just by the technical aspects of the routine.

Hope this information is useful to the readers,

Maxi
NEW BOOK! "Semi-Automatic Miracles" - INSTANT Best-Seller at Lybrary.com
https://www.lybrary.com/semiautomatic-card-miracles-p-925333.html
chaos handlings, out of hands effects, and more
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Rito de Iniciación (Luis Garcia/Juan Tamariz) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL