The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Birthday card trick? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

cabin fever
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of cabin fever
I recall seeing a trick on one of the magic sites where a blank birthday card magically prints itself, then you reinsert it and the blank inside now has printing so on and so forth.

I went searching for it but now I can't find it.

Can somebody please point me in the right direction?

thanks.
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
I don't know about that version, but Jim Gerrish has a card he mails the birthday child ahead of time, telling the parents to make sure the child brings the card to the show. The card has a black and white line drawing and otherwise is blank inside. At the show the card is placed in a magic "printing press" and screwed in tight with wing nuts. Then crayons are waved in the air by the magician and the birthday child as if coloring in the card, and when the color in the crayon is "used up" it vanishes. This is done with four crayons (red, yellow, green and blue). With the last crayon, the magician writes in the air "Happy Birthday Billy on your seventh birthday." Little Billy tells him in no uncertain terms that it is his eighth birthday, not seventh and the magician acts like he made a mistake and promises he will try to change the wording of the message. Billy is allowed to remove the wing nuts of the press and remove the card which is all colored in now, and inside the card is written "Happy Birthday Billy on your seventh birthday" (which is crossed out and changed to eighth birthday as promised). The trick is in Jim's Kid Magic section on my site. Jim also includes a variation where he releases the card from the press to check on it when it only has been colored with red, then red and blue and we can see that the magic crayon thing is working so he goes on to the big finish. The bad news is that you have to make the props yourself; they aren't available in any magic store. The good news is that it's all made with cardboard and scissors and when you finish you have a trick no one else is doing.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
You could be thinking of Potty Painting by Razamatazz Magic.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
themagiciansapprentice
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1381 Posts

Profile of themagiciansapprentice
Try the Razamattazz website for Potty painting

http://www.razamatazzmagic.com/magicshop......Painting
Have wand will travel! Performing children's magic in the UK for Winter 2014 and Spring 2015.
cabin fever
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of cabin fever
That's it. Thanks guys.

151.00 for that?! Pass. I have no doubt others milage may vary though.

I like there talking wands.

Oh, and thanks spellbinder. I'll sure have a look at yours.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Birthday card trick? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL