The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Thank you, Jamy Ian Swiss Review of “Tales of Enchantment” in Genii (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3519 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
Thank you to Jamy Ian Swiss for your positive, balanced, and thoughtful review of “Tales of Enchantment: The Art of Magic” in the July Genii Magazine.

Thanks to great word of mouth and reviews like the ones in Linking Ring and Genii, this Summer a hardcover edition of the book will be released along with the paperbound.

Magically, Walt

PDF Table of Contents at:

http://www.leapinglizardsmagic.com/csspa......ment.htm
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Hi, everyone!

I wanted to stop in again and mention what a great book this is! I was thinking, if I had learned this when starting out, how much further along I'd be right now? After you get to about the middle of the book, you'll be thinking of tales for your own routine! I gave several of mine a facelift, although that requires the rewriting of several effects! LOL!

Here is where I reviewed Tales Of Enchantment: The Art Of Magic

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=110

I mean, changing the look and purpose of a Die Box, but not its EFFECT! If you think about how many magic tricks you actually own, by just changing the patter, story or even touch up the props a bit! Check it out, seriously if you are serious in the making of your magic, making it SEEM real instead of a minor puzzle! Smile

Doug
SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3519 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
Here is a brand new review of my book that is selling after four years! Thank you Matt!!!

BOOK REVIEW 05-11-2015:
“Tales of Enchantment: The Art of Magic” by Walt Anthony

I have been long in waiting to get this book. Through a series of mostly fortunate, but partially unfortunate, events I acquired a copy of this amazing tome. First and foremost This is a real magic book. If you have hesitated hemmed and hawed or just plain forgotten about this book. It is time to take action and get a copy.

There is a deep passion for amazement and mystery being shared in these pages. Walt is very passionate about magic and all the arts it entails. Walt challenges us to rethink our magic. But he doesn't challenge us without handing us tools to grow in our magical arts.

Walt tells us amazing tales of wonder while keeping his heart and the work at the forefront. Anyone who has an interest in creating deep impactful magic, making real magic, or standing apart from his or her peers in the magic world.

Should find many doorways open to new creative worlds while engaging with the pages of this tome. I for one, if I had only one book in my possession to captivate my imagination and reinvent my entire act it would be this book. The amount of passion that went in to this book becomes extremely obvious.

Walt's encouragement to all is to elevate yourself to that of a real magician. With this book and the challenges it presents you will find much of use in this book. It you want to perform tricks look else where. If you want to create real magic/art then get your hands on this book.

–Matt Rambles, Las Vegas Magician–

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/5214
charliemartin
View Profile
Special user
Rapid City, SD
779 Posts

Profile of charliemartin
Maybe. Walt and I have had our differences but his thinking is sound. I do miss our chats but I think storytelling magic in a limited way can be very powerful.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Thank you, Jamy Ian Swiss Review of “Tales of Enchantment” in Genii (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL