The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coin Through Glass Idea (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
jhereg
View Profile
Regular user
Petaluma California
121 Posts

Profile of jhereg
Jonathan
I'm pondering what you mean by "serious non-animal technology"...
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2011-07-03 01:02, jhereg wrote:
Jonathan
I'm pondering what you mean by "serious non-animal technology"...

that's what private messages are for.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9531 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Quote:
On 2011-07-01 12:58, Lloyd Barnes wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-07-01 07:11, Mb217 wrote:
Yep, cool! Smile I got one of these little Quickie-Trickys too in my bag of tricks but yours is pretty neat. Good job and Welcome to the Café. Smile

Cheers mate, been here 3 years now Smile

Lloyd

Just going by your posts, 100 or so ain't all the much though I realize you could've been here all along without posting much. Just the same, cheers and welcome deeper into the fray here. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Lloyd Barnes
View Profile
Special user
545 Posts

Profile of Lloyd Barnes
Quote:
On 2011-07-03 10:07, Mb217 wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-07-01 12:58, Lloyd Barnes wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-07-01 07:11, Mb217 wrote:
Yep, cool! Smile I got one of these little Quickie-Trickys too in my bag of tricks but yours is pretty neat. Good job and Welcome to the Café. Smile

Cheers mate, been here 3 years now Smile

Lloyd

Just going by your posts, 100 or so ain't all the much though I realize you could've been here all along without posting much. Just the same, cheers and welcome deeper into the fray here. Smile

Thanks mate Smile

Lloyd.

P.s. New blog post is up. A new coin vanish + more: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0dN9P-0lUQ
dduane
View Profile
Special user
Bridgewater, MA
784 Posts

Profile of dduane
If that's not too angle-sensitive.... very nice!! Are you teaching any of your moves?
Lloyd Barnes
View Profile
Special user
545 Posts

Profile of Lloyd Barnes
Quote:
On 2011-07-04 11:25, dduane wrote:
If that's not too angle-sensitive.... very nice!! Are you teaching any of your moves?

Angles are good, behind is a bad angle and directly the the left hand side, but this can be control with crowd control. Thanks for the good comment Dennis! Currently I'm not teaching any of the coin work, but if there is enough interest from people then I'll put together an instant download. But only if you guys really want to learn this stuff.

I've got tons of stuff to get up on the Youtube page, this is just the first couple of things I managed to get on film.

Cheers,

Lloyd
jhereg
View Profile
Regular user
Petaluma California
121 Posts

Profile of jhereg
That's nice work Lloyd! And by the way, good on you for not trivializing your work by showing the youtube community how you do it!

I would pay to learn this. Keep me posted if you plan to offer it.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9988 Posts

Profile of funsway
Nice stuff -- of course I am interested in any future developments
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
Lloyd Barnes
View Profile
Special user
545 Posts

Profile of Lloyd Barnes
Hey guys,

Been getting loads of brilliant comments about this, lots of people wanting to learn this and some of the other stuff that I have. Some of my work can be seen on my daily blog here: www.MagiciansNotebook.tumblr.com

Anyway, I was thinking with all of this interest, I might make a small instant download for a couple of dollars, if you'd be interested, let me know and I'll start making it.

Cheers,

Lloyd
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Nice, fooled me.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Dan Efran
View Profile
Regular user
Pittsburgh, PA
150 Posts

Profile of Dan Efran
I think this is extremely clever. Simple, direct, and convincing.

It strikes me as kind of like Osmosis with a glass...which is a compliment. The auditory illusion is very disarming, yet it seems really easy to achieve.
I can imagine adapting that idea to lots of other contexts.

I bet this would be a lot of fun to perform. I'd say it's definitely worth a couple of dollars.
Dan McLean
View Profile
Inner circle
Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
1261 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean
Fooled me too. This young man is good.
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
I liked it Lloyd. I think it needs to be used as an early phase in a longer presentation. You're very creative for one so young. Well done Smile

All the best
Sean
dduane
View Profile
Special user
Bridgewater, MA
784 Posts

Profile of dduane
Put in my vote to buy a download. - Dennis
Jboeskin
View Profile
New user
Yuma, AZ
81 Posts

Profile of Jboeskin
I'd be interested Smile I'm liking the coincept too!
arielf
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto, Canada
133 Posts

Profile of arielf
Hahaha! Beautiful, I love it! It's elegant in its simplicity (to me, simple = elegant, beautiful and magical, so it's meant as high praise).

For what it's worth: after the coin has vanished, I would tilt the glass back and forth, slowly, just once or twice, to build suspense by revealing something -- the sound -- before revealing the whole thing -- showing that the coin is now inside the glass. For what it's worth.

I love your thinking -- keep up the good work, and much success in all your endeavours!
Ariel Frailich - I Saw That! Exclusive Magic, publisher of Sub Rosa, Reading Writing, Card Stories, Performing Magic for Children and other fine magic books.
https://isawthat.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coin Through Glass Idea (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL