The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Sucker Die Box (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of NJJ
I have a show about finding my rabbit and the only effect that doesn't fit is my die box. Essentially, the dice appears in my hat instead of a rabbit so I make it vanish.

Any ideas for ways I could present this (or redesign the die).

I was thinking of painting it gold and calling it 24 Carrot Gold.
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hi Nicholas:

Here's a routine I saw at "The Collected Wisdom of MagicTalk". I saw it there about a year or so ago, and thought it was cute. Maybe it will fit your needs. I just did a cut and paste so here it is:

By: Moshu
I'm still working on a new routine for my Die Box, but I'll share what I have so far. Still a little rough:

An old magician in our town was hanging up his cane, and I offers to buy his rabbit (die with rabbit sticker). He offers to sell me his hat (show hat empty) as well, as it was the rabbit's home (die goes in hat). No thanks, I've brought my own hutch - two rooms, plenty of space. (open doors, show box). So I pays him for the rabbit, puts him in the hutch, and takes him home. The rabbit, that is.

When I got home, my wife asked what did I buy this time. A rabbit, I says, a magic rabbit. So I opens up the door to shows her the rabbit, and the rabbit, he was gone. He's just a little shy, I says, he's in the other room - I heard him scamper across. I opens up the the door to the other room, and voila ... he's not there either. We goes back and forth a few times, and my wife, she says that maybe I got Hoodwinked. No, I says, I got a rabbit. So, I opens up both doors, and the hutch ... it was empty!

So, I goes back to the old magician, to ask him where a magic rabbit might go when he runs away. The old magi, he reaches into the hat, pulls out the rabbit, and says, like I tells ya, there's no place like home.
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of NJJ
Great Idea! Does it play well?
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
I haven't done it yet...I just saw the routine posted and have kept it in mind. When "Moshu" posted it at the time, a lot of magicians really liked it, and said they were going to use it. Seems like it will play well.

Ron
AragorntheMagician
View Profile
Veteran user
Metro-Atlanta
304 Posts

Profile of AragorntheMagician
Love reading about Moshu's routine. I have been changing into a "Exotic Animal" Magician/Balloonist/Facial Artist (two rabbits, two chinchilla's and just got a Sun Conure). I'll be doing it at this weeks Company Picnic Event and will report back.
Magically yours,
ATM
aka: Bob Smile

Kids and adult's loved it. They booked me for a Hollidy Party. It was my 3rd Trick and introduced how I got my Main Magic Rabbit "Harvey". Then halfway through I did the Ginn Rabbit "Hip/Hop" single hand rabbit (for lack of remembering what it's called) and introduced this as "Harvey". Then at end produced "Binx" (black rabbit) out of fire pan but than he became "Harvey" (white rabbit) using modified 2 pocket "Budda Screen". Than "Harvey" went into the Rabbit Wringer where I JUST HAD TO TURN THAT CRANK!!! Pore Harvey......But than I lit Smile the squashed "Harvey" and he went "POOF" in a puff of smoke. To the kids sounds of dismay I reminded them that this was "HARVEY" we were talking about. I went over to the old magician's hat/hutch.....and pulled out "HARVEY"...There's no place like home....LOL
Yours,
Aragorn the Magician
aka: Bob
aka: I used to be BOB (It's Cellini's fault)
"All Right, Who's Volunteering to be Turned into a Frog???"
www.aragornthemagician.com
Mike Robbins
View Profile
Elite user
Anchorage, Alaska
447 Posts

Profile of Mike Robbins
How is the sun conure on stage?
The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool.
Shakespeare
AragorntheMagician
View Profile
Veteran user
Metro-Atlanta
304 Posts

Profile of AragorntheMagician
Mike,
Don't know yet. But I do have hopes. Have an idea for a routine but it's a work in progress. Just getting used to each other right now.
Yours,
Aragorn TM
aka: Bob Smile
aka: I used to be BOB (It's Cellini's fault)
"All Right, Who's Volunteering to be Turned into a Frog???"
www.aragornthemagician.com
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
hmm, If the show is all about finding your rabbit I'd probably stay clear of the rabbit sticker on die idea because if you make all the tricks too rabbity it may detract from the variety of your routine. I'd keep it as it is and make it relevant by finding the die (while looking for your rabbit) and exclaiming you've found one of your rabbits toys.Because your rabbit loves to play snakes and ladders. Unfortunatly he (the rabbit) isn't very good at snakes and ladders. when he starts losing he gets very angry and throws carrots at you, pours his bowl of water on your head and then hides the die....then go into usual routine.
By doing this you will also be building an idea of the rabbits character in the kids heads and so build on there excitement to actually see this mischevious bunny.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Sucker Die Box (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL