The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Morgan Dollar Copper/Silver (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

John Born
View Profile
Veteran user
390 Posts

Profile of John Born
Hello everyone!

I am in dire need of a Copper/Silver coin with a Morgan Silver Dollar. Does anyone have one to sell me or know where to get one? I checked with Lassen, who can make one, but I need to find a copper coin that will match in size. Any info would be much appreciated...

John B. Born
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Todd can provide you the matching copper coin if he makes you a C/S coin.
Click to visit:
John Born
View Profile
Veteran user
390 Posts

Profile of John Born
I talked to him about this, and he can no longer get the coin he used to make this gimmick with. Smile

The specific coin he was acquired through Steve Forte. It turned out that these coins were more valuable and rare than they thought, and now he can't get them...
Schaden
View Profile
Inner circle
Purgatory
1253 Posts

Profile of Schaden
Which coin did he used before?

Thanks,
Lee
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Hmmmm...

Guess that makes my Lassen Morgan size CSB set pretty valuable.

Can he make you a Morgan/(some other color coin)?

Silver/brass instead of Silver/Copper?

You know what John, here is a thought...

Read this thread. Brad Burt has a Sudbury Penny replica that he sells for $35 which is the size of a Morgan Dollar. If you buy two of them, you can send one to Todd to get made into a C/S coin. Here is the link for it on Brad's website.
Click to visit:
John Born
View Profile
Veteran user
390 Posts

Profile of John Born
Hi Dan, thanks for you help! Smile

That coin could work, but unfortunately a larger version of the U.S. penny does not fit my needs. Does anyone know of a real coin (in any color but silver) that matches the Morgan dollar in size? If someone has a copper/silver, would you sell it? Perhaps a free Book/CD set, as well as some of my unreleased products?
Schaden
View Profile
Inner circle
Purgatory
1253 Posts

Profile of Schaden
Now, I wish I had these coins. I think Bob talks about some good russian coins for your needs. Also, take a nice trip to your friendly Coin dealer. I went to the local one and found some coins for my needs.

Hope this helps,
Lee
John Born
View Profile
Veteran user
390 Posts

Profile of John Born
Can you put me in touch with Bob?
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4675 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
I don't know if this will work for you, but I found a supply of old Chinese dollars that are very pretty, and are silver and the same size as morgans. They have chinese writing, nice pictures, and there are many types from the many provences. They only cost a few buks, and in NY are sold commonly in Street fairs/flea markets (and I imagins, Chinatown). They are Silver as I said, BUT...you could gold plate them nd use them as the coin of opposite color. Since they are foreign, no one would know that you plated them! Let me know if this works for you, Mike
S.E.M. (The Sun, the Moon, and the Earth) is a sun and moon routine unlike any other. Limited to 100 sets, here is the promo:
https://youtu.be/aFuAWCNEuOI?si=ZdDUNV8lUPWvtOcL
$325 ppd USA (Shipping extra outside of USA). If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
John Born
View Profile
Veteran user
390 Posts

Profile of John Born
Hi, Mike! Thanks...I will send you a PM.
jcvelbar
View Profile
New user
South Florida
50 Posts

Profile of jcvelbar
My brother in law works in a coin shop, let me put him on this.
John Born
View Profile
Veteran user
390 Posts

Profile of John Born
That would be awesome! You da man! Put the bro to work! Smile
Schaden
View Profile
Inner circle
Purgatory
1253 Posts

Profile of Schaden
I hope he doesn't mind this but, here is his email. bob@bhmagic.com

Lee
PaulGreen
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of PaulGreen
Hi John,

I can also suggest that you contact Brad Burt's Magic Shop in San Diego, California (www,magicshop.com). He has what he calls the Sudbury II coin. I am quite pleased with the quality of the coin as you can tell from my comments on his opening page.

Johnson Products, many years ago, made their C/S dollar sized coin with the original Sudbury Penny. This would solve your problem. If you can supply the coins, then Todd will be able to make what you need.

Regards,

Paul Green Smile
Sandy_0009
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Sandy_0009
Hey John!
I'm so glad that you've accomplished writing your book. Your magic is awesome and I love seeing you in shows. I hope to see you real soon in future shows. I'm looking forward to your new website- hope it's up soon- can't wait to check it out Smile
Pimpin' Ain't Easy Smile
~Sandy~
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
I'm sure a quick trip to a good coin shop, or even ebay could find the coins you want. yes there was a big russian coin from a long time ago that was dollar sized. There are also chinese luck coins in dollar size that you might want to explore.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Bobcape
View Profile
Elite user
Rapid City, SD
470 Posts

Profile of Bobcape
John,
I bought some Russian 5 Kopeck coins for a Morgan hopping half set. The 5 Kopek is slightly smaller than a Morgan, Todd had to expand it some. The correct 5 Kopek coins are from 1857 to 1862, they are copper, thick and authentic. I bought mine from the following website – http://www.rustypennies.com I also bought some 1915 3 Kopeks coins for a S&S set with a Walking Liberty half, they are quite handsome as well. I hope this helps. Email or PM me if you have questions.

Bob
Be Amazed! + Enjoy The Magic!
John Born
View Profile
Veteran user
390 Posts

Profile of John Born
Hi Sandy! Thanks!!! Pimpin' ain't easy!!! Smile

Bob-that is huge! Thanks for the info. Smile

Johnny B
Dan LeFay
View Profile
Inner circle
Holland
1371 Posts

Profile of Dan LeFay
Yesterday I walked into a coinshop to buy a collector's case. I asked for Kopek's. I already have a 5 kopek coin from 1831.
The guy showed me a kopek coin from 1789, really beautiful and slightly larger than a morgan. costed 40 euro's though so I let it pass...
If someone is really interested I could be of any help.
"Things need not have happened to be true.
Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths,
that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes,
and forgot."
Neil Gaiman
jcvelbar
View Profile
New user
South Florida
50 Posts

Profile of jcvelbar
The magic wharehouse has silver JFK halves and Walking Liberty Halves but no Morgans.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Morgan Dollar Copper/Silver (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL