The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Review on Nu Way Color Changing Records (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
2004 Posts

Profile of tbaer
http://www.stevensmagic.com/index.php?ma......d=112679

Can anyone give a review on the Nu Way Color Changing Records (Color Changing Discs), by Ton Onosaka. Can this be performed 2-feet from the audience? Thanks
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Truthfully, the VERY best color changing CDs came from Tom Ladshaw. He took a standard set of CDs used for the routine that utilizes a sleeve for the color change...got rid of the sleeve and left this routine SO clean that it'll work 2 feet from the audience and uses nothing but the CDs. I'm sure he has some sets left. When I say it's clean, commercial and simple...I mean it. I've used it thousands of times.

Steve
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2011-07-09 14:29, Stevethomas wrote:
Truthfully, the VERY best color changing CDs came from Tom Ladshaw. He took a standard set of CDs used for the routine that utilizes a sleeve for the color change...got rid of the sleeve and left this routine SO clean that it'll work 2 feet from the audience and uses nothing but the CDs. I'm sure he has some sets left. When I say it's clean, commercial and simple...I mean it. I've used it thousands of times.

Steve

Geez, how is old Tom Ladshaw? Do you see him?

J
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1830 Posts

Profile of wally
I am looking for a routine to put together with my NU-Way color changing records. magicwalsh@gmail.com
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
The ton onosaka color changing records is
a great trick.can be performed a few feet away.
I like to perform this to music.
todd
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
What's a "record"?
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2011-11-25 10:30, Xiqual wrote:
What's a "record"?
James

http://www.baynews9.com/article/news/201......to-style

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/02/1......68.shtml

http://www.wired.com/entertainment/music......ost_1029

Watch David Letterman, for every group he has on the show, they display an LP Record. There is still a market and many claim that it has better sound quality.
wwhokie1
View Profile
Special user
512 Posts

Profile of wwhokie1
A lot of people criticize this routine because records are out of date and we now use CD's. Actually CD's are now out of date, we need an MP3 color change, wonder how that would work. Actually I like this routine, don't own it but have considered getting it. I have put some thought into the beginnings of a routine for it. I think the fact that it is out of date opens up the possibilities for a routine instead of eliminating it. Introduce it as "my kid found this and was wondering what kind of CD this was with the big hole in the middle". Lots of opportunity for story, humor etc... while explaining something from the past and its changes to what we find today. The fact that it is out of date can be made to work for you. Actually, common everyday items can seem boring. Unusual or uncommon items draw peoples attention, as long as the items don't just look like a magic prop. The appeal of every day items is that they don't look gimmicked. But an unusual or uncommon item that doesn't look gimmicked or look like just a magic prop can be a wonderful option if presented properly. Just my opinion.
wwhokie1
View Profile
Special user
512 Posts

Profile of wwhokie1
I have been using the color changing Mickey CDs. I like the records for slightly older audiences, but the younger kids seem to prefer something with Mickey Mouse on them. I like the method better for these than the nu way color change, It just seems more deceptive to the audience, especially when you open the sleeve at the end. Works well for a smaller crowd.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Review on Nu Way Color Changing Records (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL