The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Helping hands » » Girlfriend=Assistant - A good idea??? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
DavidThomas
View Profile
Loyal user
240 Posts

Profile of DavidThomas
There are so many great points everyone has posted.

Over the years I have any many magic "assistants" and many "magic partners". I would classify "assistants" as those male and female performers who do the easier roles in the show. Push props, bring items, ect. These roles are easily trained to people who have "performance arts skills" (Dance, stage movement) "Magical Partners" are the performers who have all the skills of performance (dance, stage movement, ect) These "partners" are as critical to the shows as the magician is. Think of the Pendragons, the Majestiscs, Kalin and Jinger and others.

Using your wife or girlfriends in the assistant roll is pretty easy. Using them in the "partner" roll is more difficult. In my opinion before you start down that road, look at their "performance skills" in a realistic manner. If they have the skills to make a great act then it makes a lot of sense. If they don't help create "great magic" then it is better not to start, as it is very difficult to fire them later and start with another person.

My goal is to see the world with my wife and partner when our teenagers are grown. Getting paid to do that is a wonderful bonus of a couple. If you want to do illusions and travel, make sure the goal is something you both want to do.
David Thomas
TheWorldofMagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Helping hands » » Girlfriend=Assistant - A good idea??? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL