The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The Man With The Golden Arm- Quote help (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
559 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
Someone will probably find this in two seconds and then bust my balls for not being able to find it...But I tried, I swear.

In the Movie "The Man With The Golden Arm" the drug dealer (played by Darren McGavin I believe) makes a speech to Frankie about his drug use. He tell a story about how he used to love candy, and how one time he broke into a candy store or something and ate so much candy that it made him sick. And that now whenever he wants candy but can't have it he doesn't complain because he once he had all the candy he could possibly eat. He says something like "I had it, and I had it good."

Can anyone help me find a quote, or that speech somewhere online? I would really appreciate it. Thanks!
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1832 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
Here ya go:

Darren- I put down a craving once. Candy. Sweets. I used to be eating it all the time. Got examined for the Army. They said you got sugar in your blood friend. You gotta give up sweets forever or it’s goodbye Charlie. I had to give up candy

Frank- My Gums bleed for you. It’s awful.

Darren- It was. That unfinished feeling you got all the time. I mean you got this one thing on the mind all the time. Can’t stop thinking about it.

Frank- You’re just a mine of information.

Darren- You know what I did. I said to myself, ok off sweets forever. Well forever can start tomorrow. For once in my life I’m gonna eat all the candy that I can hold. I bought $18. 23 worth of candy and lugged it up to my room. All night long I ate candy. I was sick, I sweat, but I kept shoving it in. Ever since then, when I feel like candy, I say to myself, well you can’t complain brother. You once had it and had it good. You know what I mean?

Here is the clip right at the speech:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla......#t=3776s
If you have trouble getting it right at the speech with that link, It starts at 1:03:03

Hope that helps,
Kevin
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
thorndyke
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
147 Posts

Profile of thorndyke
An outstanding performance by Frank, and his personal favorite. Even if its stale to the computer generated image crowds of today I still think it should be shown to give people an idea of what it is.
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
559 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
Thank You Kevin!! You da man!! That was exactly waht I was looking for.
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
559 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
Quote:
On 2011-07-13 23:05, thorndyke wrote:
I still think it should be shown to give people an idea of what it is.

Hell yeah it should be shown. It's an excellent movie.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The Man With The Golden Arm- Quote help (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL