The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Bicycle harassment (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1293 Posts

Profile of GlenD
So now it is actually a crime to harass cyclists. This will be interesting. Maybe impatient or hot headed drivers will just run ' em down instead!?!?
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Link? What are you talking about? I'm guessing some new law passed where you live?
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
I remember riding my bike down the shoulder of the road, and a car behind me got real close so he could slap me on the back of the head as he passed.

I don't ride a bike anymoer.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
Quote:
On 2011-07-21 12:38, Al Angello wrote:
I remember riding my bike down the shoulder of the road, and a car behind me got real close so he could slap me on the back of the head as he passed.

Buy a helmet.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Critter
I did not experience any pain. My point is that riding a bike on the street is too much like having a target on your back.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:

Where I live, I am able to stick to bike paths and sometimes sidewalks. I avoid riding on any road.

But I would never ride a bike down where my sister lives in rural / suburban PA (where it seems like every paved road is a major traffic artery).
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Where I live we have no sidewalks, and lots of traffic. We do have lots of interconnecting trails though.

Balducci
That is why I reccomended you to use the local train to go to the Reading terminal market. If you give me a call I'll meet you there, and buy you a DeNick's Italian hot pork sandwich too.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2011-07-21 13:10, Al Angello wrote:

Balducci
That is why I reccomended you to use the local train to go to the Reading terminal market. If you give me a call I'll meet you there, and buy you a DeNick's Italian hot pork sandwich too.

Next time I am in town, I may just take you up on it. It may not be for a while, though, as I think my sister will be coming to Canada for Xmas this year (rather than us traveling down there).
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2011-07-21 11:50, balducci wrote:
Link? What are you talking about? I'm guessing some new law passed where you live?

Guess this must be it ...

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-......22.story
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
Quote:
On 2011-07-21 12:55, Al Angello wrote:
Critter
I did not experience any pain. My point is that riding a bike on the street is too much like having a target on your back.

I know. I was just playing.
Some places here we have these kinds of problems but most people are respectful.
I hear Portland is a great city to be a bicyclist.
Oregon, not Maine.
~Will Rogers
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3006 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
Quote:
On 2011-07-21 12:46, critter wrote:
Quote:

Buy a helmet.

One studded with cyanide-coated razor blades.
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
My buddy had another friend who moved to New York and his car stereo kept getting stolen. So he glued razorblades to the back of it.
Wow, that's literally a "Friend of a Friend" story.
~Will Rogers
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I was riding up a street once when a van for a company that made gutters drove up past me. The guy in the passenger's seat decided it would be fun to lean out the window and scream really loud at me! I didn't have a pen on me (which I do now when riding) or I would have gotten his license AND the 800 number on the back of the van!
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2011-07-21 19:58, Steve_Mollett wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-07-21 12:46, critter wrote:
Quote:

Buy a helmet.

One studded with cyanide-coated razor blades.

MY god that would be funny! I mean without the cyanide. With it still pretty amusing I guess.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On 2011-07-21 22:31, ed rhodes wrote:
I was riding up a street once when a van for a company that made gutters drove up past me. The guy in the passenger's seat decided it would be fun to lean out the window and scream really loud at me! I didn't have a pen on me (which I do now when riding) or I would have gotten his license AND the 800 number on the back of the van!

We have people who think it's fun to buzz past us as we're riding our horses and honk or rev the engine. Some idiot once did that when I was hand-walking my horse (he was recovering from a tendon injury).

I often wish I had rocks to throw at them.
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
Quote:
On 2011-07-21 22:17, critter wrote:
My buddy had another friend who moved to New York and his car stereo kept getting stolen. So he glued razorblades to the back of it.
Wow, that's literally a "Friend of a Friend" story.

Your Friends Friend better be careful, he could get sued in court by the thief.
There was a case where a burgler broke a window to enter a home and cut himself on the glass. Fortunately for the burglar, the Family came home shortly after the break-in and saved the jerk from bleeding to death on their living room floor.
The burglar sued in court and WON the case and got a substantial sum of money from the victims.

I know this is hard to believe but it is a true story.
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
Well that occured to me. His risk though, not mine.
~Will Rogers
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Bicycle harassment (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL