The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Need table ideas (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

curtgunz
View Profile
Special user
Only 99% of users have more than
784 Posts

Profile of curtgunz
I am redoing my table.

I use a mic stand and a board covered with black cloth, 4" gold fringe around the edges. It's attached to the mic stand with a flange. Pretty standard stuff.

The table top needs to be replaced. I'm probably going to make the same kind, but before I do I wanted to throw it out for better ideas.

As a clown I may want something else. But then, a table is a table and the prop that sits on it should be the focus, but then again...(on and on it goes in my mind).

Have you seen (or do you use) a table top that just blows you away?

I'd love to hear what you think and more than that I'd love to see pictures of things that look great.

This thread is not about how to make the table top, what kind of base to use, or anything like that.

Just tell me about and show me some great ideas.

Thanks.
Click for Free Resources for Performers

YouTube channel specifically for family & kids show magicians. Click -- You need to subscribe.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Personally, I like round table tops. I take a decorative 3 leg round top accent table and remove the flanges for the 3 screw-in wood legs. Then fill the holes, glue and screw on a wood block to take the magic table flange. I screw in flat head screws from the top or tabletop side of the Masonite board. Makes it stronger this way.

I have used a cloth as you, and have glued on velveteen material. I like the look of round tabletops and they have a little more room.

I have also just left the accent tabletop as is and just painted the legs black with white tips, thus it looks like 3 magic wands holding up the top.

The very best looking table in my opinion is the 2 tier tabletop table. A top on the top and a second top of slightly smaller size 12" below. This give lots of room and looks cool, in my opinion.

Magic Inc. publishes 2 books on tables, you might want to check them out, a lot of different table designs in them. They are called the table book 1 & 2.
kennewhitson
View Profile
New user
Kansas
69 Posts

Profile of kennewhitson
For me I like a decorative top, but I'm uncertain as to how the audience percieves it. I feel it can help to complete the "stage" no matter where that may be.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I've seen wooden plaques at Home Depot which would make great table tops, whether painted or upholstered. They come in a wide variety of sizes.

Take a look at Magic Inc.'s "The Table Book" and "The Table Book II", for more ideas. I've always liked packaway tables and I occasionally use one that was made by Mel Babcock.
Yellowcustard
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1334 Posts

Profile of Yellowcustard
I like to have a edge runing around the out side. I use some flat wood abd have it so its about 5-7mm above the table. This aids stoping anything rolling of. I have also placed magnets under the table near the back edge. You can use them to ditch coins or a shimed sponge ball. I have tougth about putting a little bag hanging on it to hold my wallet and keys.
Enjoy your magic,

and let others enjoy it as well!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Need table ideas (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL