The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The July 2011 entrée: Tom Gagnon » » Gagnon's Cased Card Control System Book » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RandyWakeman
View Profile
V.I.P.
Plainfield, ILLINOIS
1617 Posts

Profile of RandyWakeman
Tommy G.-- where is it?
MField2000
View Profile
Special user
Hastings, East Sussex, England
590 Posts

Profile of MField2000
Cut the poor boy some slack, Randy my friend.
RandyWakeman
View Profile
V.I.P.
Plainfield, ILLINOIS
1617 Posts

Profile of RandyWakeman
I've just been voled by the multi-colored magical Vole of Mystery! Voled and voled again by the original Vole himself. You're a clever fellow, Matt . . . if someone sent you some steel wool, you could knit them a Volkswagon. Or, at least edit the steel wool into one. Fear not, my wee furry friend, for this is actually a trick question filled with guile, subterfuge, and chicanery. Unbeknownst to the general populace, it is posed surreptitiously, working in concert with the Kokomo Kid, the man who has the hand that shook the hand of the man who fooled Houdini.

Already anticipated by the Great Gagnon, the answer will both please and satisfy you.
Wesley James
View Profile
V.I.P.
Hazlet, New Jersey
372 Posts

Profile of Wesley James
Randy,
Do you mean the collection of techniques that John Luka wrote up for our friend Tom? I recall Tom doing about a half hour of that material, using his "system," for Piet Forton and I at FFFF perhaps ten years ago. Surely you don't expect Tom to release that material to the fraternity just because the book on the material has already been written and sits in a drawer somewhere in one of Tom's houses. I suspect he is no more likely to release that material than he is to start offering those ingenious coin shells for sale. So, after he releases his Chesbro lighter material--it's safe now that they are no longer being sold--and begins lecturing, we can expect to see the other goodies Tom has created over the years. Then, maybe, just maybe, he'll give me the go ahead to write up the wealth of coin material he's sent me.
Simon Lovell
View Profile
V.I.P.
506 Posts

Profile of Simon Lovell
Yes the vole appears from the the depths of insanity and abuse of living in the murky, Jack the Ripper, depths of London. Welcome back great volester!

But yes Tom, we're all looking forward to the escape of the new book .... will the contents have page numbers!

Luv ya,

Simey
Tom Gagnon
View Profile
V.I.P.
275 Posts

Profile of Tom Gagnon
“Cased Card Controls” is currently at the printers and will soon be available from http://www.tomgagnonmagic.com. The book, which will be available as a Tom Gagnon exclusive, will be release next week. “Cased Card Controls,” which was written by my good friend John Luka, contains 42 pages, over 120 illustrations, and is produced in 8.5 x 11, spiral bound format. The contents describe various methods of creating time misdirection via controlling cards and jogs within the confines of a card case.
MField2000
View Profile
Special user
Hastings, East Sussex, England
590 Posts

Profile of MField2000
Simon and Randy -- you two are still nuts. And I love ya!

Looking forward to the book, Tom.

Matt "The Vole" Field
(it's a long story!)
Tom Gagnon
View Profile
V.I.P.
275 Posts

Profile of Tom Gagnon
Update: Cased Card Controls can now be purchased by going to http://www.tomgagnonmagic.com. The price of the book is $25.00 plus P&H. As previously stated “Cased Card Controls,” was written by John Luka, contains 42 pages, 132 illustrations, and is produced in 8.5 x 11, spiral bound format. The contents describe various methods of creating time misdirection via controlling cards and jogs within the confines of a card case.
Louis Lu
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of Louis Lu
Hi Tom, I just ordered Avant-Cards from your website a couple of days ago, and just saw that "Cased Card Controls" is now available.

Can you elaborate a bit more on the contents of the new book? Being able to control cards without appearing to remove them from the card case is something that I would find extremely useful, and I'm hoping that's the kind of material in the book. Thanks!
Tom Gagnon
View Profile
V.I.P.
275 Posts

Profile of Tom Gagnon
Hi Louis,

Cased Card Controls explains how to create various jogs and how to retain those jogs after the deck has been inserted into a card box. Subsequently, one can regain control of the jogs when the deck is removed from the box.
Simon Lovell
View Profile
V.I.P.
506 Posts

Profile of Simon Lovell
I just got Tom's new book Avant Cards in the mail (thanks for the kind signing of it Tom) and get to tell you that, from a quick perusal, I shall definately be going back to it over and over again. The Lateral Bottom deal is worth the price of the book alone and there is a ton of other stuff!

Tom is a friend but he knows better than anybody that if I didn't like something I'd say so .... it comes with a furry tailed 'a flapping' recommendation as a must buy!

Just my two cents,

Simon
Tom Gagnon
View Profile
V.I.P.
275 Posts

Profile of Tom Gagnon
Hi Simon

Thanks old buddy. I see where you are working the Midwest Jubilee in St. Louis. That’s always been one of my favorite conventions. If I send you a couple of dozen books—can you do my lecture and sell them for me? You never know…we may show up.

Best regards,

The Dauber
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The July 2011 entrée: Tom Gagnon » » Gagnon's Cased Card Control System Book » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL