The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Need Digital Promo Pack Help (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

wizardofsorts
View Profile
Special user
Chicago, IL
935 Posts

Profile of wizardofsorts
Originally I wanted to create a Power Point Presentation that had three things in it, My short 2 minute video, a longer video, and a Power Point Presentation of the Princess Card trick with animations and silliness. If I package the presentation for a cd as PP does, it creates an autorun cd that prompts the recipient to down load the PP Viewer etc. If they already have PP it opens the slide show in the edit function of PP and they have to go up to the menu and click run slide show.

No one is going to do this!

How do I get onto a disc (CD or DVD) something that will autorun bring up a menu and allow the users to choose which video they want to watch, and allow for a PP presentation? Is this possible? If so what program will do it?

I have attached a shot of the first slide form PP presentation for reference. Please help. This shouldn't be hard right?

Edd

Click here to view attached image.
Edd Fairman, Wizard of Sorts is a corporate magician available for your next trade show, hospitality suite, client luncheon, or company event. http://www.wizardofsorts.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I believe you want to make a file that will play in a web browser. You will need an auto run file, then it will open automatically and start the file in their web browser. That is the way PC magazine designs their information CD's.
wizardofsorts
View Profile
Special user
Chicago, IL
935 Posts

Profile of wizardofsorts
So sort of like creating a mini website on a disc? I thought that might be the answer. I could do it up in html with SeaMonkey (love Sea Monkey). Anything specific I need to know for it to work as a disc or just make the html files and burn it to a disc?

Edd
Edd Fairman, Wizard of Sorts is a corporate magician available for your next trade show, hospitality suite, client luncheon, or company event. http://www.wizardofsorts.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Sorry, I have not done this myself, so I have little knowledge of the specifics. The only negative to this and a PowerPoint presentation is that it has to be on a computer. So sharing is limited.

Most performers today, make DVD disc to send to clients or just have them reference their web site with all the info.

If you have worked with Movie Maker in Windows, it is very simple to create a movie. I use Pinnacle Studio 12 to make and burn DVDs, it works very much like Movie Maker.

Just looked at your home page, it is fantastic, but then you send people off your site to YouTube to watch your videos. This is not the best solution as people can get caught up in watching other videos and forget about you.

May I suggest you have the YouTube videos play in your web pages. That is a better choice when trying to capture the attention of a potential client.
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
4005 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
There are about seven million (ok...small exaggeration) programs that convert your PP into flash or other more universal files. A lot of them are available on a trial basis.

PP is always a problem -- the edition you design on may not be compatible with other editions...or may have some issues playing properly that make it look like you don't know what you're doing. Then there is the freaking File Size...which can be holy c*ap HUGE. Clients hate huge downloads.

I think...and I stand to be corrected...that it's possible to convert a file to run on YouTube...and then all you have to do is send the client the link to your presentation and no one gets annoyed.

Good luck. Let us know how it turns out for you.

David
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

My books are here: www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
wizardofsorts
View Profile
Special user
Chicago, IL
935 Posts

Profile of wizardofsorts
I'm going to look into the flash conversion. I have turned PowerPoint presentations into videos before and it removes all the interactivity of it. I have to assume how long a person it going to need to read the copy etc.

When you covert it into flash does it remove the ability for the user to click to advance to the next slide?

Edd
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
4005 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
Sorry I took so long to get back here.

There ARE some programs that allow you to keep the interactivity. You should look at Camtasia...and Adobe has some outstanding (but very expensive) programs that do the same thing. The great thing about Adobe, though, is that they offer their software for a FREE 30 day trial...and the software is fully functioning.

I THINK the one you want is called Captivate...but I stand to be corrected.

Good luck.

David
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

My books are here: www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Does anyone know where I can get a good Princess Card Trick video to add to my slide for PowerPoint? Thanks.

Decomposing Slides
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Need Digital Promo Pack Help (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL