The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » There's a line you don't see every day... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Ervin Santana no-hit the Indians...I'm not sure if this scoring line has been duplicated before -

Indians: 1 run, 0 hits, 5 errors.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
559 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
Very odd. Didn't some guy throw a complete game no hitter and lose 1-0 back in the 60's or 70's?
Watchmaker
View Profile
Veteran user
369 Posts

Profile of Watchmaker
Mr. Wolfxxx,

I'm not as big a fan (of any sports) as I used to be so don't take what I say as fact, but I think it has only been done once in Houston back in the 60's before they became the Astros, I can't remember the pitcher and I'm too lazy to look it up. This is the only 9 inning game I can recall.

I'm also pretty sure guys have pitched nine no hit innings and have lost it in extra innings. I don't know if that counts for Cooperstown or not. I know it was done by Pedro Martinez when he played for the Maple Leafs.*

Reapectfully,

Phil

*I know it wasn't the Leafs, I like to tease Canadians, it was the Habs!
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
That's happened a few times...the strangest were Harvey Haddix, who pitched 12 (!!!) PERFECT innings (no base runners - not even a walk) and lost in the13th when his team couldn't get a single run for him, and the Hippo Vaughn/ Jim Toney game in which BOTH pitchers threw no-bitters throu 9 innings..I think it was Vaughn who lost in extra innings.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » There's a line you don't see every day... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL