The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Bev's impossible chair test (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
This sounds interesting - I don't do any chair tests, and don't know many methods - this isn't out yet, but Bev said its out soonish...

The Impossible Chair Test

EFFECT:

The performer is on stage and behind him are three chairs set out in a row ready to be occupied.

The performer throws a pack of cards into the audience to choose a random volunteer to help with the next effect. Whoever catches it is asked to remove the deck from the case and to check that it’s a regular pack of cards before being invited up on to the stage.

The volunteer is asked to choose three other assistants at random from the audience who are now also invited up onto the stage.

Once the three new assistants are up on stage they are asked to choose one of the three chairs at random to sit on. This is a completely free choice.

The original volunteer is asked to remain front of stage to help oversee the process, is asked if he’s happy with where these assistants are sitting, and may direct them to change positions if he likes.

The performer fans the deck face down and each sitting assistant is invited to pick a card randomly from the spread with a perfectly free choice of any one of the 52 cards. They are then asked to hold their chosen cards to their chests without looking at them.

The sitting assistants are then asked if they would like to swap chairs with each other and are allowed to do so.
They are also asked if they would like to actually swap cards with each other, and may do that too if they so wish.
At this point no one, including the volunteers, has any idea which card they originally chose or which card they’ve ended up with.

Each sitting assistant is then asked to look at and remember the card they’ve chosen (or ended up with) and to then stand behind their chair, keeping their card fixed firmly in mind. The cards themselves are then handed back to the original volunteer for safekeeping. (He may decide to peek at them or even show them to the audience. It doesn’t matter.)

The performer re-caps what has happened. Three random audience members have chosen to sit in three chairs at random, have each picked a card randomly from a deck of 52 cards and have each been given the option to not only change places with each other, but to also swap cards with each other - options that they collectively may or may not have acted upon.

To conclude, the performer now asks each assistant to name their cards out loud in turn. As they do so, the performer turns each chair in front of each assistant and the card that each has named is duplicated using giant playing cards on the back of each of the assistant’s chairs. A miracle!

The four assistants return to the audience to great applause.

http://thecoldreadingcompany.co.uk/menta......air-test
I've asked to be banned
PsiDroid
View Profile
Inner circle
2164 Posts

Profile of PsiDroid
Has mr.Cavalli seen a copy ??

what's his opinion ??
bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2674 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
Only people who have seen this are Paul Brook, Doug Segal, Barrie Richardson and I just sent a copy to Paolo Cavalli
Paul Brook
View Profile
Special user
UK
903 Posts

Profile of Paul Brook
It is very good and I stand by what I said to Bev after reading it:

"If I used playing cards in my work I'd be all over this like a rash!"

Cheers,

-Paul
PAUL BROOK

He Knows Shop - All of my mentalism books, PDFs and props Smile

Certified Mentalism A beautifully illustrated hardback book full of real world mentalism Smile

FREE MENTALISM Free hard-hitting effects, routines and methods, just a click away Smile

MAGIC TV INTERVIEW An deep dive interview with Craig Petty, nothing held back! Smile
bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2674 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
Oh and Greg Arce got one too. That's enough freebies! I'll be releasing it, um, soonish.
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5406 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
Bev,

This is something I like. Very bold and very practical.

Thumbs up from the Lord Of The Chairs! Smile

I must add that I gave Bev the idea I would have used as method which allows you some "verification", so to speak.
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
Sid Helkule
View Profile
Inner circle
Australia
1481 Posts

Profile of Sid Helkule
As with all of Bev's work, I liked this a lot. I don't perform chair tests, but if I did I would certainly give this one a go. It's clever, bold and simple to do.
bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2674 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
Bartelli
View Profile
Elite user
Belgium
403 Posts

Profile of Bartelli
These references are all I need... sold.
bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2674 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
The latest revisions are expanded to include methods separate from playing cards so you can use 52 of 'something else' such as places, names etc - useful if you're looking for more of a theme to suit your own purposes, or don't like using playing cards for some reason (some mentalists 'Don't do playing cards' I'm looking at you Paul)
bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2674 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
On the third expansion already, with a couple of new thoughts from Paolo Cavalli and Greg Arce.
bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2674 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
Here's what Jheff had to say about it

http://www.marketplaceofthemind.com/impochai.html
Suffolk
View Profile
Veteran user
400 Posts

Profile of Suffolk
I'm a bit behind on this 'cause I've been touring most of the year (see here: http://www.iknowwhatyouarethinking.co.uk/reviews.html) and just haven't had time.

Bev sent me this (and several versions before the finished item) some time ago.

All I can say is this: 99% of the mentalism products I get sent for review are rubbish which is why you'll seldom if ever see me endorsing any.

This, however, is good. REALLY, REALLY good.

Doug
bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2674 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
Thanks Doug, sorry I released it even though you didn't want me to!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Bev's impossible chair test (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL