The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Howard Hamburg in Baltimore (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Steve Friedberg
View Profile
Inner circle
1402 Posts

Profile of Steve Friedberg
Folks:
Howard's lecture in Philadelphia is sold out for the night of August 23rd. He will, however, be lecturing at Denny & Lee's in Baltimore the following night (August 24th, for those who are numerically challenged). From Denny's web site:

Quote:
The Howard Hamburg lecture is one that you definitely do not want to miss. It is rare that this underground card man comes to the East Coast, especially to lecture.

Howard has graciously agreed to fly East for the first time in a LOOOOOOOONG time, and spend several evenings in Philly and Baltimore. Howard spent more than a generation learning from, and sessioning with, the Professor at the Castle. He’s also a contemporary of folks like Jennings and Cervon.

STEVE YOUELL SAYS: For those who don’t know Howard, let me give you a picture.
Imagine a portly, bearded, unassuming man. A quiet, well-spoken man who sits in the back corner of most conventions. You wander by and he invites you to sit. Then he takes out a deck of cards and using it like a scalpel, he cuts your brain to pieces and then hands the pieces to you on a silver platter. That’s Howard Hamburg. You never see it coming.

KENT GUNN SAYS: Howard will fool the stuffing out of you. Howard will entertain you.
Howard will regale you with stories of Vernon and the Castle. If he’s in town and you miss his lecture or hanging out with him, you’ll miss one of close-up magic’s true treasures. He’s a modest and unassuming man. He loves card magic, he does what he does better than anyone. Don’t miss his lecture. There is no one to compare him to. He is one of a kind

MIKE GALLO SAYS: This is a must see lecture!!!

DOC EASON SAYS:Howard is one of the best card men in the world who you have never heard of. I finally spent some time with Howard this last June there and he absolutely blew my mind with a couple of things.. the throw down double is breathtaking in its casualness. The spelling thing is absolutely astounding. He explained it to me (I think) but I still have no idea what he was doing.. soft spoken and wallflower-ish .. he is a monster lurking in the main bar. Next time you are touring some friends around and Howard is there… ask him to show your friends something and then try to keep you mouth from falling open. You will be fooled worse than your muggle friends

“He fooled the living SNOT out of every magician present. His name is Howard Hamburg. I’m no talent agent, but I can recognize greatness. The staff of the GGG asked Howard to return the next year and lecture for us. Howard’s lecture was a huge smash. He sold out of his lecture notes in about ten minutes. Howard has been a denizen of the Magic Castle for decades. He was a close personal friend of Dai Vernon. Howard shared some incredible stories about the professor with us. He was the highlight of this year’s GGG”.

FOR RESERVATIONS CALL 410-686-3914 OR EMAIL dennymagic@aol.com
Cheers,
Steve

"A trick does not fool the eyes, but fools the brain." -- John Mulholland
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Howard Hamburg in Baltimore (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL