The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Signed bill in lifesavers (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1197 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
I have seen this all over the Café. I can't find who sells it or what book/video it is in. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance,

DJ
Crippen
View Profile
New user
Washington, D.C.
79 Posts

Profile of Crippen
DJ,

No specific reference help from me. If I had to run out right now and perform it, I'd modify any given bill to cig routine (see Mac King's notes for a classic) OR take some advice from Ammar regarding impossible bill/card locations of one of his ETM tapes/DVD's.

Have fun,

Crippen
UNREAL
View Profile
New user
Bronx, NY
77 Posts

Profile of UNREAL
I've also seen this on the Café and have been curious about it as well. Can somone describe the exact effect and where to find it?
"There is no spoon."
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
Jean Hugard's paper money booklet covers the bill to lifesavers in the classic form. There are people who claim to do a signed bill, but if you try do do the classic one you will see that it's probably not very likely.

If there is a signed bill in commercial form available, I will buy it on the spot.

Now that I think about it the same book has the Galli Galli bill switch in it, and that one blows folks away because unlike a TT, this one happens in the hands of two different spectators, not in yours. Plus it is a sort of impromptu effect that you can do with a small group, or larger one.
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
actorscotty
View Profile
Veteran user
wilmington nc
398 Posts

Profile of actorscotty
I have no clue to a signed bill, but think someone already mentioned Ammar. In his lecture he does a torn bill to peanut and then proves the halves are the same bill. I think that would be adaptable and very much a fooler.
Crippen
View Profile
New user
Washington, D.C.
79 Posts

Profile of Crippen
OK, to address the signed part I'd use Barrie Richardson's handling of Bill to Lemon (in Theater of the Mind), but go to the lifesaver roll instead. His effect is geared towards stage or parlor settings, so I'd have to work a bit on how to enlarge the discovery of the bill in the lifesaver roll (it's not messy and doesn't smell great!).

-Crippen
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
A few folks have pmd me for the hugard book information.

Here it is: http://daytonamagic.net/customer/index.c......tId=5164

The best $2.80 investment in paper money magic you will ever make. Call on the phone first to make sure its in stock.
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
imagealter
View Profile
Regular user
Christopher Griffin
158 Posts

Profile of imagealter
Ammar - Setup is a kiler with this effect by Ammar. Strong yes, Instantly repeatable? Unlikely
Quote:
On 2003-08-27 21:52, actorscotty wrote:
I have no clue to a signed bill, but thinbk someone already mentioned Ammar, in his lecture he does a torn bill to peanut and then proves the halves are the same bill, i think that would be adaptable and very much a fooler

Also I just ordered Jean Hugards paper money booklet as well. What a deal! $3
Mark Martinez
View Profile
Inner circle
Wisconsin
1276 Posts

Profile of Mark Martinez
Quote:
On 2003-09-04 11:28, imagealter wrote:
Ammar - Setup is a kiler with this effect by Ammar. Strong yes, Instantly repeatable? Unlikely

Surprisingly it is instantly repeatable, and the serial numbers will always be different.

In fact last weekend Michael Ammar performed close-up magic at the Houdini Convention and he performed this effect as part of his act at each table one right after the other (In other words no set-up time)!
Smile
Magically,
Mark

Success comes before work only in the dictionary. - Anonymous
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Signed bill into lifesavers...

for some reason that rings a bell as being in the Tarbell course. I recall an illustration of the mechanics... was a clever idea.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Schaden
View Profile
Inner circle
Purgatory
1253 Posts

Profile of Schaden
I remeber this being in one of Scarne's books...

Lee
odroj88
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of odroj88
The best thing I can think of off hand is to use the Bill Malone bill to lemon. Just use your favorite bill switch or vanish. If you're using the switch, change it to a smaller denomination.

Then just poke the bill through the paper in your pocket or you could have it already torn on the top.
Bring out the life savers in an attempt to smooth things over when you tear off the top to give him one you destroy the evidence. Hope you like it.
Odrj88
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
I don't know. I cut the unopened roll in half leaving two factory sealed ends.
odroj88
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of odroj88
KingStardog, you cut it down the middle leaving two factory sealed ends? That is awesome. What method do you use to convince the audience that it is the same bill ( torn corner, serial #, etc.). Thanks a lot.
Odrj88
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
It's not my method, it's Huggard's, although maybe the prep is mine - I don't remember what the book says and it's packed away now. Serial number is the easiest when done according to the text. I use the knife to cut through all the way around the roll and let the spec pull it apart and examine/hand the pieces around.

Realy spend the $3 for the book. It's got several classics that still play very big today.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Signed bill in lifesavers (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL