The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Four coins, no idea what to do with them... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

imanipulatestuff
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of imanipulatestuff
Hello! I am currently working on my magic castle brunch routine (which will have to be all polished up in about two months) and I open with "silver slide" a PH original where four cards are used, a coin is vanished and then reappears under any of the four cards. After this, three more coins are shown under the other cards Leaving me with four coins that I have no good use for... I really don't want to do matrix because everyone does it and I never really thought it was that cool anyways. I really like the trick and I think It works perfectly for me as an opener so I would really appreciate help! I've looked at eric Jones's audio, an audible coins to pocket which may work. Anyone own it? I should mention that I have explored coins before and looked in bobos and the art of astonishment's series (where I got the effect) Thanks!
Mark Williams
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas, Nevada
513 Posts

Profile of Mark Williams
Earl Nelson has a nice effect in his Variations book. It's called $1.50 Vanish, It uses three Half Dollars and just one Playing Card. Might fit in nicely.

Best Magical Regards,

Mark Williams
"Once is Magic!! Twice is an Education!!"
James Alan
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ontario
680 Posts

Profile of James Alan
Passing the Half Bucks?
It's in Stars of Magic, but it's a bit technically demanding.
James Alan

Magic & Martini | Blog | Facebook
tkuiveuxo
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of tkuiveuxo
I am pretty sure that david stone has a few routines using four coins in his 2 coin magic DVD (usually begginers use them but they still very good)
one of my favorites is coins to glass, and there are many methods for that.
55Hudson
View Profile
Special user
Minneapolis
984 Posts

Profile of 55Hudson
Coins across?

How about a complete vanish using Okito or Boston Box or silks? See David Roth's work.
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
All of the suggestions listed above are great. I would look into things like a Coins Across, Wild Coin effects, Okito box effects (as 55Hudson mentioned, check the Expert Coin Magic book by David Roth and also, Okiot Box Routines by Mohammed Bey), a reverse Twilight (Twilight is an effect also by Paul Harris) and even an effect like Chink-a-Chink, which may be similar to a matrix, but it is not quite the same.
qureyoon
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
275 Posts

Profile of qureyoon
Quote:
On 2011-08-13 02:55, imanipulatestuff wrote:
... and I never really thought it was that cool anyways...

Can I change your thought?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXIScJonCNM
D Walker
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of D Walker
If I had four coins and no extras or odd backs, I would do Hanging coins by David Roth. Be sure to treat your edges with violin rosin to off set any slippery situations. Good luck.
D Walker
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of D Walker
If I had four coins and no extras or odd backs, I would do Hanging coins by David Roth. Be sure to treat your edges with violin rosin to off set any slippery situations. Good luck.
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
Hanging coins would be great! I use that all the time and I cannot believe I forgot about it. Also, as imanipulatestuff mentioned, Audio Coins to Pocket would be a great one because the audience is aware of four coins, and Audio uses only four coins. It kills for me every time I perform it.

I am sure more things will come up when I am not thinking about it.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Try a visible coins across; maybe Roth's Winged Silver or Eric Jones's Spectator's Visible Coins Across (from Eric's Mirage Et Trois DVD).

Jim
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Four coins?

Hanging Coins (great idea!)
Winged Silver (good one!)
Any Coins Across
Coins Through The Table

Some good ones, here guys!

Doug
tntjr
View Profile
Elite user
483 Posts

Profile of tntjr
You'll need to ring in an extra coin, but David Williamson's Sympathetic Coins from Magic Farm is really easy and gets really good reactions.
Conus
View Profile
Special user
657 Posts

Profile of Conus
Use only the four coins and get audience (standup) participation by doing Jennings' Coins & Hank.
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
Speaking of the Coins & Hank (a most excellent effect, by the way) the Ammar adaptation of Coins Through Handkerchief using the sheer chiffon handkerchief would also work well. You could follow that up with Osmosis by Al Schneider.
Herr Brian Tabor
View Profile
Special user
Oklahoma City
729 Posts

Profile of Herr Brian Tabor
PH also has The Giant Killer Coin in his art of astonishment book set if you have it! It is a little bit of a matrix, but with a twist!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Four coins, no idea what to do with them... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL