The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Shin Splint From Ellusionist (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
From Shin Lim. Pop on over to Ellusionist for the demo. No funny cuts, a complete demo of the trick, what you see is what you get, no gaffs. They can afford to do this because this is some difficult stuff. Even if you can reverse engineer it this will only look good in the hands of a few (IMHO). From the looks of the teaching video even Shin does not hit it 100% of the time but that me be because he was slowing donw his pace for the teaching. It was worth the purchase for me to have something to aspire to. Take care
Shinlimmagic
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of Shinlimmagic
Thanks for the comments. Yeah it was definitely a challenge trying to do the move slowly. Usually I hit it majority of the times:)

Shin lim
Lloyd Barnes
View Profile
Special user
545 Posts

Profile of Lloyd Barnes
The core move reminds me of James Chadier move called the "Fan Change" that can be found in a dvd called French Connection produced by Mathieu Bich.

You can see the move here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=p92UZ03zI6U&feat......ge#t=30s

Lloyd
NFW
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1002 Posts

Profile of NFW
That looked really good especially the ' x ray' teaching sequence
mantel
View Profile
Special user
923 Posts

Profile of mantel
Quote:
On 2011-08-25 05:30, Lloyd Barnes wrote:
The core move reminds me of James Chadier move called the "Fan Change" that can be found in a dvd called French Connection produced by Mathieu Bich.

You can see the move here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=p92UZ03zI6U&feat......ge#t=30s

Lloyd

That would be correct as it states "Inspired by James Chadier's "Fan Change"" on the Shin Splints product page
Grampa Wizard
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of Grampa Wizard
This is one of the best DVD's I've seen in quite a while. Shin Lim does a superb job of teaching this routine. He shows each move 3-4 or more times, slowly and with very clear explanations. Different camera angles reveal the subtleties of each move, and he even uses a picture in a picture to show front and back simultaneously. He shot this himself, so I applaud his videography and editing.

I should have said at the top that this is a very visual and stunning routine. Watch the demo and I bet you agree. AndXcath1 is absolutely right: the moves are difficult. But I'm sure it can be mastered with a LOT of practice. Looks to me like SL covers the risky businesses by keeping the cards moving slowly but steadily all the time. The focus goes from the waist to the lifted fan and back, etc. You'll see what I mean in the video. Looks like a good way to cover any possible little flashes.

But big congratulations to Shin Lim for a knockout routine and presentation. And for 9.95, this is a great bargain.
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
found the Magic Rainbow after
1614 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
Sorry but I have to say the setup sequence for the first Queen is illogical and even I watch it the first time already spot it, it might fly by some audiences but really it won't. Even though I know the new generations of close up magician are Shin's fan since he fooled Penn and Teller twice, plus I met him personally a few times during his early tour in China and lecture in Hong Kong after he won FISM, I still hold my word that this is not my favorite on twisting the aces type of effect.

Peace,
Most memorable moment - with Maestro Juan Tamariz & Consuelo Lorgia in FISM Busan 2018.

"Being fooled by a trick doesn't always mean they are having a good time" - Homer Liwag

https://hhpresents.com/
https://www.glitchstudiohk.com/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Shin Splint From Ellusionist (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL