The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Scrunchable Glorpy? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ekuth
View Profile
Inner circle
Floating above my
1538 Posts

Profile of Ekuth
A while back in my internet meanderings I ran across a Glorpy that could be "scrunched" into a ball at the end of the effect. I believe it was from a custom prop maker in Vegas somewhere.

Anyone seen this or can point me in the right direction?
"All you need is in Fitzkee."
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Ask Lucy here on The Magic Café.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Ekuth
View Profile
Inner circle
Floating above my
1538 Posts

Profile of Ekuth
Thanks, Bob. Is Lucy the username? I know from experience you guys may have different user/real names. I love the gag as is, but the "scrunch" would definately sell it.
"All you need is in Fitzkee."
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
You may be thinking of Lynetta Welch at Fabric Manipulation. Her products are awesome and very good quality. You can find her information at:

http://www.fabricmanipulation.com

If you give her a call, she will answer any questions you may have about her products, including her version of Glorpy (quite different from others, I assure you) called the Ghostly Pocket Hank (larger version) and the Ghostly Pocket Square (smaller version).

I hope this information is useful to you.
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Wiz Kid Qua-Fiki's "Babushka of Baba Yaga" is a member of the "Glorpy" family, but using his own design for a removable gimmick because the handkerchief has to be handled by the spectator further on into the various Sefalaljia effects that he performs with it. The gimmick he designed also does away with the need for a special "Glorpy fold" of the handkerchief, which is a dead give-away to magicians who are familiar with the original. His version is in The Wizards' Journal #21 on my site. While he doesn't advocate "scrunching" the Babushka, for fear of angering the spirit of Baba Yaga, it certainly could be done because once the gimmick is removed, the handkerchief is completely normal, and since it is designed as a tablehopping effect, is easily replaced for use at the next table.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2011-08-30 21:39, Ekuth wrote:
... the "scrunch" would definitely sell it.

Wouldn't the 'scrunch' yell, he is hiding something in the scarf - "Let me see it!"

You can scrunch a normal Glorpy, a little thinking would and practice would bring results. How do you know that what you seen in Las Vegas any different then the normal Glorpy? I think it was the persons handling and being you were familiar with the effect, did not watch closely until the end.
Lynetta
View Profile
Regular user
Las Vegas, NV
111 Posts

Profile of Lynetta
I do scrunch or wad up my silk at the end of my Ghostly Pocket Hank routine. My hank is different than others and that is why this is possible. Here is a link to a video of me performing my hank. http://www.fabricmanipulation.com/video.html PM or email me if you have any questions.

Lynetta
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Scrunchable Glorpy? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL