The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Not Tenyo but beautiful, mechanical, magic locket (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3504 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
www.illusionlockets.com/

I stumbled upon this website and found these to be quite magical. They have the mechanical cleverness and beauty of a Tenyo Trick. Be sure to watch the demo video.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
This is almost exactly, as the site mentions, like the gift the magician gives to his girlfriend at beginning of the film 'The Illusionist' (an EXCELLENT movie by the way). Very nice indeed, thanks for the link!
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3504 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
I'll have to see that movie.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
My anniversary was yesterday... would have made a great gift... maybe next year. I agree that the "Illusionist" was a grrat movie.
Xaa
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Xaa
Great movie and I think my Christmas shopping list just got easier. Thanks for sharing the link!
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science." - Albert Einstein, What I Believe (1930)
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
1140 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
I bought one on Ebay 2 years ago...astonishing mechanism, perfectly magical...
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2202 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
I too purchased one of these when he was selling on Ebay. The workmanship is flawless and beautiful.
Licensed Steve Dusheck Manufacturer and distributor visit www.airshipmagic.com
Inert
View Profile
Special user
Babbled incessantly for
683 Posts

Profile of Inert
Jim Anderson is truly a remarkable fellow of the highest order. Dozens of prototypes. Hundreds of hours of research & development. 10 micro magnets. 5 locating balls. He achieved what the big boys from Hollywood special effects could not. If you watch "The Illusionist," film, notice that the scene cuts away at the pivotal locket twist moment & returns to the scene when the locket is in a different shape. I scouted around various jewelry fabricators years ago trying to talk anyone into the challenge of making one. I'd also give the shop a free dvd copy of the movie to reference what I was looking for. Zero takers. Jim wins my personal annual "Triple T" award trophy for Tone, Taste & Tenacity. His labour of Love is available to all now at what I consider a ridiculous low price. A future heirloom. A refined piece of beauty & art. As each piece is individually numbered & truly a one-of-a-kind, the word on the street is that the 1st one thousand pieces will soar as collector pieces, similar to what has happened with retired Tenyo items.
Kingman
View Profile
Loyal user
Willow Spring NC
294 Posts

Profile of Kingman
These are incredible. I loved that movie and watch it often. The mechanism of this must be tremendous. I definitely have to get one of these! Thanks for sharing the link.

Kingman
-*-The Card Magic of Kingman-*-

I took the Pledge
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
These are very nice.
and well designed.
necroloid
View Profile
Special user
Kadar knows all and sees all of my
921 Posts

Profile of necroloid
Shipping to Canada WAY over priced for the size of the item. Even with insurance.
MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
I bought a trick based on this principle years ago from Petrick and Mia. You have two objects, one heart shaped and one pill shaped. Each has a compartment where you can borrow and place a small item from your audience, like a key and finger ring etc.

Now you place the key in the heart and place that in a small cloth bag. You place the ring in the pill and place that in a cloth bag.

You then mix the bags. You remove the heart and ask the spec what item he placed in the heart. He says key but you open it and out comes the ring. Of course the key is now in the pill.

Not an incredible magic trick but a very nice puzzle type effect. Unfortunately these where made in plastic making it look more like a toy.

J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Hi Magicman, I have that set as well. I believe there was a similar set made in wood a few years ago. I remember being fooled by Petrick with this many years ago...

John
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Just ordered a locket for my wife for Christmas... re-watched the movie last night... I love this movie.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Not Tenyo but beautiful, mechanical, magic locket (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL