The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » DVD or BOOK? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Perseus Arkomanis
View Profile
Loyal user
208 Posts

Profile of Perseus Arkomanis
This question maybe somewhere here at the Cafi but didn't manage to find it anywhere so I ask you guys:
I wanna write a book about some of my effects and thoughts in magic...but I get the feeling that probably 10 people will bother reading it...nowadays you have to put out a dvd with a kick ass trailer to get the magi interested...isn't that sad?I personally prefer books and I think it's so sad that the vidz are leading the way nowadays...what do you think?
The things that are most real to me are the illusions which I create...everything else is quicksand...
<BR>
<BR>www.orionmagicproductions.com
BarryFernelius
View Profile
Inner circle
Still learning, even though I've made
2537 Posts

Profile of BarryFernelius
The written word and video are media, a means for communication. Some concepts are better communicated via the written word, sometimes with the addition of still pictures or drawings. Other ideas are more easily grasped when communicated in the video medium. Some ideas require a mixture of different media, perhaps a web page with written sections, pictures, embedded videos and a chat room.

Without knowing more about your message, I couldn't possibly recommend a medium to communicate it. Choose the medium that communicates your message in the most effective way.
"To achieve great things, two things are needed: a plan and not quite enough time."

-Leonard Bernstein
Brad Burt
View Profile
Inner circle
2675 Posts

Profile of Brad Burt
EVEN if you were to do a DVD I highly recommend putting everything down in print first. Write it all out. As you go through the process of getting it down in print you will have ideas how 'other' you may want to transmit the information. For instance: Why not both? Why not put in print the stuff that folks might want to read and reread and think over and if you have physical technique and bit of stuff that might be helpful in illustrating some of the printed material add a DVD. It's just not that hard to do both now! And, it's being done quite a bit outside of magic...see the Dummies books, etc.

But, in any case write it up and see what you have. It'll help in the organization phase, etc.

Best,
Brad Burt
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » DVD or BOOK? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL