The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Show Tech (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
I would like to know if anyone at the cafe owns "Show Tech"? It is a wireless remote system that you can program up to five different shows into its memory. You are able to control your complete show without the help of a back stage help. It comes with an ankle transmitter for hands free operation.
Does it really work as good as they claim? Is it worth the cost?

Ray
Joe M. Turner
View Profile
Loyal user
Atlanta, Georgia
248 Posts

Profile of Joe M. Turner
I've heard absolute raves from everyone I know who owns one. I have also heard equally enthusiastic praise for the "majiloon remote commander" (?) system. I believe the ShowTech can control additional show elements (lights, flash pots, etc.) while the majiloon and the new MiniTech are designed just for controlling sound cues.

Best,
JMT
Regards,
Joe M. Turner
turnermagic.com
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1817 Posts

Profile of Michael Messing
I don't own a Show Tech but I have worked with a couple of them. The Show Tech is very advanced and, as Joe mentioned, it will control more than your music cues. You can use it for lights, pyro, etc.

The Show Tech is programmable, which is why it is so sophisticated. It can be made with a MiniDisc system, CD system or MP3.

If you don't need the highly sophisticated abilities of the Show Tech (programming your cues), there are several alternatives. Kerry Pollack, who makes the Show Tech, makes a less expensive unit called the Mini Tech. It has play, pause, skip forward and volume control. It costs about half the price of the Show Tech and you can trade it up to a Show Tech later and get full credit for your Mini Tech purchase.

I use a system made by a gentleman in Bristol, TN. He calls his system the Cue-Master Pro. It has most of the same capabilities as the Mini Tech (no volume control) and can also auto pause and skip backward. The auto pause occurs automatically at the end of a track. It uses a Sony MiniDisc home deck rather than a portable. I love mine.

Because it does use a full-size MD deck, I purchased a Cue-Master Pro P-2 from Jay. It uses a walk-man style MD. The P-2 doesn't have the auto pause (that's a function that is built into the MD deck) but it does have volume control.

If you're interested in finding out more about the Cue-Master systems, let me know and I'll get you Jay Nelson's e-mail address.

Michael
christopher carter
View Profile
Special user
660 Posts

Profile of christopher carter
I have used showtech for several years, and I will say probably the same thing you'll hear from everybody who has one: It is one of the best purchases you will ever make.

--Christopher Carter
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
I've had a Showtech for about 5 years now, and it's great! I'll have to get one of the power outlets that will hook into it to run fog, efx, and other things...

Steve Thomas
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
I would like to look into one.
Anyone have info on where to buy one.
I have already ran a search on google but didn't look to deep.

Any info would be appreciated.

Smile
Daniel Faith
pyromagician
View Profile
Veteran user
Tennessee
312 Posts

Profile of pyromagician
where can i get one and for how much?
P.S. this is what part of the alphabet would look like if "Q" and "R" were eleminated
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1817 Posts

Here's the website for the ShowTech: http://www.wirelesswizardry.com. Last time I checked they were $2,400 but they may have gone up. Check out the site. It's Kerry Pollack's site and he makes them.
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
At the KIDabra Convention I had the pleasure of seeing one in action by Ken Scott and discussing it in length with a dealer who was selling the Show Teck and the Mini Teck. There is a big difference and after the dealer quized me and asked me if I had fog machines, lighting equipment, and flash pots, then the Show Teck is the way to go.

If you are serious about doing stage magic and you want full control of the sound and other cues, then you really have no other choice then the Show Teck.

Ken Scott, said he would never go without one. The Mini Teck Jus stops, fades and starts where it left off. Thats it. The Show teck can skip tracks have several program tracks for different shows, and much more.
Dennis Michael
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1817 Posts

Quick correction. The Mini-Tech can skip forward just like the Show Tech. The important distinction is the programability of the Show Tech. It is programmable for several different programs and can remotely run several items, as mentioned (flashpots, lighting, etc.)

If the only thing you want to do is start and stop your music, fade the music out, and skip forward to the next track, all by remote, the Mini-Tech is the way to go. (There are several other units that do the same thing. I use a Cue Master Pro and there's one put out by Majiloon.)

For a complete comparison of the Show Tech and Mini Tech, as well as a competitor's units, go to http://www.wirelesswizardry.com/comparison.htm .
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Show Tech (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL