The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Evolution and routines (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

blitzchampion
View Profile
Regular user
Portugal
148 Posts

Profile of blitzchampion
So, I gather DVD's and books and learn sleights and a thousand tricks. For example Stealing Pips, say I master it, but what can I do next. Can someone explain and post a few routines. What do you guys do with all the material ? Do you practise hundreds of tricks and only perfor about 20 inside routines ? Can someone explain this better ? Thanks in advance
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
3024 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
It really depends on your objective. You learn as much as you can, but when you are ready to perform, you work on your presentation, which means you need to take a number of effects and put them together in an interesting way, perhaps even using a story as you build your routine.

Use the effects that you like best or that speak to you in some additional way. Once you have those, try puting them into a story, find the connection between the chosen effects.

It takes work, you can't just slap this sort of thing together. I believe routines should be a personal choice.

:comply:
blitzchampion
View Profile
Regular user
Portugal
148 Posts

Profile of blitzchampion
Thanks, how many routines do you have ? So, actually, routines r your favourite tricks ordered in the best way possible with an interesting story and into small groups that make them easier for practising purposes.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Evolution and routines (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL