The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Fred Kaps Ring Vanish from String? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2011-11-19 10:33, MENNO ANDRO wrote:
In a book by Frank Garcia called: "close up magic part 2" there is a trick: "watch, look and listen". (ring to cardbox)
Here the knotingproces has been described.

Menno
the Netherlands

Never seen that book advertised in America. I am told that Frank Garcia's family will not give permission to re-publish any of his work. Thus the book is lost, if it is a Frank Garcia item. Although Frank Garcia would publish many items he received from other performers of the time. He never gave credit, on published work as to the source.
MENNO ANDRO
View Profile
New user
the Netherlands
11 Posts

Profile of MENNO ANDRO
Here's a link to it.

http://magicref.tripod.com/books/garciaf......gic2.htm

The routine is a combination of: a Ray Grimser OFF-move + knoting + vanish + appearance in cardbox (a Peter Kane idea)
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
Quote:
On 2011-11-19 13:33, MENNO ANDRO wrote:
Here's a link to it.

http://magicref.tripod.com/books/garciaf......gic2.htm

The routine is a combination of: a Ray Grimser OFF-move + knoting + vanish + appearance in cardbox (a Peter Kane idea)

Thanks! I've seen a number of performers use that move to get the ring off the string, and wanted to learn it!

As it turns out, the Grismer Off is on Ring Leader (the next to last method), I just forgot about it. (and this does appear to be the method used in the two video clips)

The Anverdi Off is taught by Daryl in the 3 vol. of his Expert Rope Magic. It was taught using a 4" ring, and is quite different than the Grismer Off.
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
Theron Milo
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of Theron Milo
I've heard that you can use a type of himber ring for a ring on wine glass stem. In my experience, no himber ring opens wide enough. Does anyone know of a brand or type of himber ring that will work?
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Using a gaffed ring, like a Himber or AmaZeRing is no good. It has to be a borrowed ring and you have to break the glass to get it off.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
john wills
View Profile
Special user
939 Posts

Profile of john wills
Theron Milo,
Don't be fooled by others. Pete Biro KNOWS.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Fred Kaps Ring Vanish from String? (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL