The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Ron Bauer is in the hospital (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Please add Ron Bauer to your prayers. I received the following from Ron Bauer's wife, Pattie on Friday:

Just a brief update on how Ron is doing. He had a very long day in surgery yesterday -- from 8:30 a.m. until around 8:00 p.m. Last night I was able to get in to see him around 9:00 p.m. (About 7:00 p.m. I started getting very anxious and cranky! as he was to have been out of the OR probably between 2 & 3:00 p.m. -- very unexpectedly long procedure.) He did very well during the surgery, although it was much more difficult and extensive than the surgeon expected. The surgeon performed a "maze" (i think it's called) procedure to address Ron's atrial fibrillation. That was apparently successful although it took a long time. The random electrical impulses in the heart were corrected by cauterization so that they now goe where they are supposed to go instead of all over the place randomly. So now his upper chamber and lower chamber of the heart are in sinc with each other which should help immensely. Then the bypasses were done although only three were done as the arteries available weren't long enough to do all four. So Ron will have a stint installed in that fourth blockage sometime "down the road" at his cardiologist's discretion. All in all, everything went very well. He will probably be in the hospital from 8-10 days instead of 4-6 as originally predicted.
This morning (per phone discussion with his nurse) Ron had a very good night, is responding well to requests from the nurses, is being weaned off the ventilator, and other bells and whistles as they can be removed. I will be going to the hospital a little later this morning. He will still be quite sedated though.
Your thoughts, prayers and messages of support are truly appreciated; they are helping immensely. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Thank you again for your concern. I will keep you all posted as best I can.
Hugs,
Pattie
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
My heart goes out to Pattie and Ron. That's a really touchy operation. I wish them both the best.

Bill
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Ron is doing fine at this moment. He can have visitors now. I visited him in my clown outfit Smile
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Dynamo the Clown with Ron Bauer in the hospital.

Click here to view attached image.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9531 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Good show Mike my man, what a great photo in the true spirit around here of "Magicians Helping Magicians." Smile

And get well soon Ron, sending the very strong magic of prayer your way from the Coin Magic Forum. Smile

-Best, Mb
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Give him my best get well wish.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Magicmike1949
View Profile
Special user
643 Posts

Profile of Magicmike1949
I'm just discovering this info and want to add my sincere best wishes for his complete and speedy recovery. This guy is a real treasure to all magicians he's influenced. I'm proud to say I'm one of them. Hope to see you again in March, Ron.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Ron Bauer is in the hospital (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL