The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coffee drinkers rejoice! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
I finally discovered two perfect palms to use while drinking out of a coffee mug. FP was difficult grabbing the handle. CP released the coin. TP is doable but awkward. Geoff Latta's Nowhere Palm is perfect! I really miss that guy. And FP with third and fourth finger also works. Anyway, I'm glad I FINALLY found two different palms I can use throughout the day while enjoying my favorite hot beverage! Tom
TH

Occupy Your Dream
Wes65
View Profile
Inner circle
I've said very little in
1219 Posts

Profile of Wes65
Do you work with a cup of coffee on hand? You might want to practice it with the cp a little more. The cup blocks the view from the left (assuming the cp is in right) giving you a very empty looking hand.

I'm not sure why you're dropping the coin from cp. You may want to modify the location of the coin or perhaps hold it a little deeper as you would for a mp.
Wes
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
3080 Posts

Profile of fonda57
Nothing wrong with a fp while holding a cup, I mean a "to go" cup, not a saucer type. Then again, a fp should work well with a saucer, get some of that Ramsay subtelty going.
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Drink your coffee British style and stick that pinky up while holding out in JW grip.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
NUNEATON, Warwickshire
2538 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
Quote:
On 2011-09-26 23:36, Douglas Lippert wrote:
Drink your coffee British style and stick that pinky up while holding out in JW grip.

With all due respect old boy, this is how one drinks TEA - preferably Earl Grey or Darjeeling. Moreover, tea should always be served in a cup with a saucer - what are these mug things that you are referring to? One assumes that a 'coffee mug' is a chap that goes into one of those Starbucks places and pays £3 for one?

Cups are much more elegant, and due to their size actually enable you to perform the Han Ping Chien move quite effectively (albeit preferably when the cup is quite empty; or your close up mat will become more stained than it is already).
Barry Allen

Over 15 years have now passed - and still missing Abra Magazine arriving every Saturday morning.
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
LOL, Merc Man! I will now attempt a Han Ping Chien move without spillage!

p.s. Who told you about my close up mat stains?
TH

Occupy Your Dream
Dan Efran
View Profile
Regular user
Pittsburgh, PA
150 Posts

Profile of Dan Efran
Quote:
On 2011-09-26 21:35, Wes65 wrote:
I'm not sure why you're dropping the coin from cp. You may want to modify the location of the coin or perhaps hold it a little deeper as you would for a mp.

To avoid loosening the CP, I find it's helpful to hold the cup just a bit closer to your fingertips (farther from your palm) than you normally would. Maybe pretend it's a bit too hot to grasp firmly.
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
Dan, I will give that a try. ALWAYS appreciate your input!
TH

Occupy Your Dream
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coffee drinkers rejoice! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL