The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » I HAVE 2 QUESTIONS (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

obsidian52
View Profile
Veteran user
United States
375 Posts

Profile of obsidian52
Okay, I have been doing coin work for a number of years, and I came across the "fake" morgan dollars (I like them by the way)and I want to start using dollar coins( 3 flys and things like that_ but now I have to spend hundreds of dollars on dollar flippers and shells?

I went to a festival and a magician was doing an effect with 4 dollar sized chinese coins and a string (shoelace)Any ideas on what the effect is called?
whiteoakcanyon
View Profile
Special user
899 Posts

Profile of whiteoakcanyon
Perhaps you are thinking of The Chinese Coin Challenge by Troy Hossier: http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S4599. This effect presents three Chinese coins so it may very well be wrong.
volto
View Profile
Special user
603 Posts

Profile of volto
Also known as "Charming Chinese Challenge".
Koolmagic114
View Profile
Veteran user
319 Posts

Profile of Koolmagic114
I would guess Charming Chinese Challenge as well. Does (technically) use 4 coins. As for your first question.. of course that is only if YOU want to buy them and use them in conjunction with your dollar coins now.
Eddy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Co-Creator of "TAGZ" / "Iced Over" / " TelePad" / "Penigma"
www.magicianslair.com
wingz
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Profile of wingz
Morgan dollars are nice coins but since they are made with silver, all gaffs / non-gaffs are expensive.

Kennedy half is expensive too if you go with the silver version rather than the clad versions.

If you like the size of a dollar coin, have you considered IKE coins? I'd assumed the IKE gaffs are cheaper than the Morgan since they are clad coins.

However, the sound and the look of the silver coins are so attractive.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » I HAVE 2 QUESTIONS (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL