The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Classic Collection 1 reviewed at Magic Book Report (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2630 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Just finished posting my review of Lorayne's CC1. ***Spoiler alert*** -- yes it is a great book.

http://www.magicbookreport.com/2011/10/classic-collection-1/
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

B2B Magazine Test!

Best impromptu progressive Ace Assembly ever!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
Lord Anacho
View Profile
Regular user
Kessel-Lo, Belgium
157 Posts

Profile of Lord Anacho
Another great report Steven! Love your stuff!

Ciao for now

Erik
"The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything" (Alfred Borden in The Prestige)
professorwhut
View Profile
Inner circle
Posts R US sold me
1353 Posts

Profile of professorwhut
Great. Thank you.
After much soul searching about a signature, I decided not to have one.

TG Pop [aka ProfessorWhut]
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2630 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
I failed to mention that the link above is not just a review, but also contains 6 effects out of the book. Thanks.
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

B2B Magazine Test!

Best impromptu progressive Ace Assembly ever!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
Kingman
View Profile
Loyal user
Willow Spring NC
294 Posts

Profile of Kingman
Nice review! This is without a doubt, my favorite book for magic. I get something from it every time I read it and I have read it many times now. It is the only one that I keep by the bed at night. Thanks for doing the review.

Kingman
-*-The Card Magic of Kingman-*-

I took the Pledge
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Hey Steven, just wanted to say that you do a great job with your review, man. Smile
I've seen a few of them and actually enjoy your very real review style than some of the actual things you review. Smile Anything Lorayne does is usually top shelf stuff, not because he's the best or anything but because he rendered himself initial and unique while remaining relevant then and now. He's a crusty old dude with plenty of attitude that comes from being out there doing this stuff for very long time in high regard. Hard for a guy like that to listen to or ogle over every Tom, Dick and errrrrrrrr, Harry. Smile.

I'm mostly a coin guy but Harry's book here is the sort of gem that grabs no matter what kind of magic you do. Great review about a great worker that can still gitter-done in a big way with a deck of cards and a smile or a snarl.

I would only hope for a DVD accompaniment for some of the moves and greater effects but that's just me and my more modern day approach to things, y'know like blackberry, Steve Jobs, IPad, Internet, etc. Smile

Good job! Smile

-Mb
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Classic Collection 1 reviewed at Magic Book Report (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL