The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Magic library (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

cirrus
View Profile
Inner circle
his minions made
1751 Posts

Profile of cirrus
I was looking in the inner thoughts section and they were talking about a magic club library, that it shouldn't be done.
What are you thoughts on this? Can a bizarre book be in a magic club library so anyone can see the book but not pay for it? (they pay for entering the club, most clubs are non-profit btw).
So what do you think about this issue?
The inner thoughts people said: "Keep in mind the mentalism community is realitively small. Therefore when a creator markets his material a "lending lybrary" impacts him or her far greater than an author writing to the general public. "

I think magic in general is relatively small, so that mentalism is small is (som foul word here).
Bizarre magic is even a smaller community.
So I would like to see your thoughts on this.
Jon W.
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of Jon W.
I noticed that post too but decided to stay hush at the time. The topic is interesting though and definitely one with some good areas for debate. Hopefully in the Spooky arena the debate will be respectful. I like the idea of having a place to at least peruse material to see if it fits your style. I have wasted money a few times in the magic world by buying a book I thought would be a fit but when I got it I found it to be exactly the opposite. If I had a place to see the contents first I would have known and not purchased or likewise purchased if it was what I wanted. I know authors worry about losing money, so I see their point too about free sharing in a magic club library. I think most people wouldn't rely on the books at the magic club and if they really liked a text they would then purchase the book for convenience.
cirrus
View Profile
Inner circle
his minions made
1751 Posts

Profile of cirrus
I like the thing that leapinglizards does. They post the first 20 pages or so (so you can browse the contents) and that makes the decision on buying the book very easy. Less error in buying a book that doesn't fit you. Most people buy hyped stuff, and then notice that it doesn't fit there character or style, that's why I mostly post in topics that ask people "what effect would be best": there's only one possible answer: the one that fits your character and persona on stage, all the other effects will seem fake.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Magic library (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL