The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Building ata case. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magicjg
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of Magicjg
Anyone know where I can find plans for an ata case? Im having a few illusions built inside of a base of an ata case to help with travel. Any suggestions?
freefallillusion1
View Profile
Elite user
Cincinnati, OH
446 Posts

Profile of freefallillusion1
Check out http://www.diyroadcases.com - they put out an awesome tutorial DVD, plus they stock every part you could ever need.
Magicjg
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of Magicjg
Amazing. Thanks
George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
3043 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
Good link, thanks. Wish I'd known about it while I was writing my book... Smile
That's our departed buddy Burt, aka The Great Burtini, doing his famous Cups and Mice routine
www.georgefledo.net

Latest column: "Sorry about the photos in my posts here"
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2604 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
This is an amazing source if you're really good builder. Probably not the best thing for a beginner, however! I've been building cases for years and I won't say it's necessarily harder than building illusions but certainly a different set of skills. Learning the right way to block and foam the interior, factoring in the compression factor of different materials and managing the various ways components can fit inside each case is a true art form. I wish there was some master secret to it but unfortunately it's just experience. It would be simple if there was some standard but every illusion and every prop has its own idiosyncratic needs. Every arena tour and bus & truck theatre tour have their own standardized tricks for road cases and loading the trucks. I love seeing the solutions others have come up with for specific problems and learn from all of them.

I can't wait for George's book to come out as I'm sure I will get a lot of other great information there as well!
Ray Pierce
chleby
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of chleby
Ive used that website as a resource several times myself and it helped very much. also make sure tho that you compare the cost of building and purchasing an already constructed case because a lot of the times its a matter of a few dollars difference to get it already built.
Lighting Designer- Dan Sperry MAGIC SHOW Times Scare NYC
Lighting Designer- Dan Sperry Spring 2011
GrassosMagicTheatre
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of GrassosMagicTheatre
I want to build fiber cases. Any sources for that?
abrell
View Profile
Loyal user
Remscheid, Germany
284 Posts

Profile of abrell
You can get everything you need at http://www.adamhall.com/ They also have the fiber board material you asked for. The range of hardware, especially wheels, is fantastic. The quality is outstanding - they are the benchmark.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Building ata case. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL