The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Silk through palmo (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1778 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
Thanks Bill. All that info is most appreciated.
Performing magic unprofessionally since 2008!
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2012-08-22 04:16, Preston68 wrote:
Thanks Bill. All that info is most appreciated.

Here you can read these threads for additional info.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=54&11

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......m=113&20

To complete the list, Billy McComb's Half Dyed Silks can be done with these gimmicks as well.
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
.....12 Momme Rice Zombie Silks......

Mmmmmmmmmmmm!
Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1778 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
That's some great information. Especially the info in the second thread about hand made tubes. Great for a guy like me who doesn't have a big budget. Thanks again.
Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1778 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
I'm thinking about getting this volume four DVD that comes with a palmo. Any remarks on the quality of the Laflin palmo? I like Bill's and Dougini's comments on the Rice's in other threads but this seems like a nice deal with the DVD.

http://themagicwarehouse.com/DV4941/Secr......gic.html

I really have no idea how this is used. Well, sort of, but I have a couple of months to practice before the time I'd like to use it. But I was also wondering if this DVD will help me learn to use the dye tube I just made out of a pill bottle and band aids as per Bob Sanders' suggestions.

Thanks

Ted-
Mark Ross
View Profile
Loyal user
Batavia, NY
236 Posts

Profile of Mark Ross
I don't have a Laflin Palmo, but I do have the DVD and recommend it (and all of the Laflin Secrets of Silk Magic DVDs). It will teach you the handling tips that you need to know. Some of the handling may carry over to your pill bottle tube, but not everything. I prefer the Palmo to a dye tube, in large part due to my pudgy fingers.

Mark
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2012-08-22 13:31, Preston68 wrote:
... seems like a nice deal with the DVD.

Deal or not, I would go for the Rice Palmo over the thin cheap looking Laflin Palmo. Sorry, but it looks very shiney and bad after owning a Rice Palmo.

You will not get the quality of a Rice from Laflin's Palmo. You have been warned!
Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1778 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
Yeah Bill, I don't like the shininess of it either. I might just get the Rice's and the DVD separately. I was wondering though if the shininess made for a more sticky surface and might make handling easier. Thanks!

Thanks Mark!
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Well, last night I did a color changing silk with The Rice Simplex. A spec at the party googled it, and got The Masked .Bastard who showed the whole .damn thing! Needless to say, that's outta my act! Smile

Doug
Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1778 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
Not cool. I wonder why some people don't like to be entertained? Maybe it's insecurity.

I don't think you need to remove it from your act though. Not everyone is googling your act as you do it.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
You're right, Preston. I just gotta get away from doing regular magic tricks! I've delved into the Spooky, Mysterious and Bizarre realm lately. It seems that is left alone by the bottom-feeder. The color changing silk has a story...a plot. It's part of a larger routine.

The person Googling isn't a regular at my friend's house. What sux is, all ya need is a .damn CELL phone! Sheesh, so ya gotta have material that CANNOT be Googled. I found it. Now I have to adjust my whole performance. I won't be embarrassed like that again! Really kills the spirit, ya know?

Doug
Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1778 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
Good idea about material that cannot be googled. It also seems that if you buy tricks in a certain price range or the less popular ones they aren't revealed everywhere either. For example- I just bought Truth through Elmwood Magic and while it is extremely popular with the folks that have it and is a great effect, it is flying under the radar so to speak.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Drat! I just Googled my newest purchase...It comes right here to the Café! The whole thing is laid out. Ya just cannot beat it. Maybe I'll just give up performing and be a collector. There are people who do not own a computer or use the internet on their cell phones. Just gotta find 'em, that's all! Ha!

Seriously, something needs to be done about it. I know two magicians, that have been doing magic for 20 or more years that have flat out quit because of just this maddening circumstance. I have learned to "code" my posts from now on, like mentioning the P@lm0. It is the only way for now. It's the older posts that get through. .Dammit...just galls me...sign o' the times, I guess... Smile

Doug
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
On 2012-08-30 20:30, Dougini wrote:
Drat! I just Googled my newest purchase...It comes right here to the Café! The whole thing is laid out. Ya just cannot beat it. Maybe I'll just give up performing and be a collector.

On the other hand, I cannot be impulsive like this. Sorry guys. Sometimes I just need to chill. My sister does not watch TV, and YouTube is a non-issue with her. So...there ARE others like her who could give a s**t about YouTube and the Masked Moron and others like him. I just gotta focus on my new direction, and make sure I have the right spectators...they're out here (somewhere). Smile

Doug
Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1778 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
Sounds good Smile
Pecan_Creek
View Profile
Veteran user
The Nation of TEXAS!
323 Posts

Profile of Pecan_Creek
Why would You be embarrassed because a spectator googled one of your tricks?
I'll let you in on a little secret, the ones that do not google know that it is not real magic.
Unless the object is to just trick your audience.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Not so much that the trick was Googled, Mike, but that they then used the big screen as a monitor and showed eleven people! Then, it was a half hour of "let's show how magic tricks are done..." Man. It's enraging to see how much is out there! I had to leave.

I'm glad I am taking a new direction-more into the Bizarre/Spooky genre. Doing things you DON'T find on YouTube! Smile I'm not going to stop using my Palmo & Silks. Just the WAY I'm using them.

Doug
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Back on topic, three 18" silks fit in a P@lm0? Not mine! A color-change with two 18 inchers is "comfortable". Can you guys fit 3 18-inchers in yours?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Silk through palmo (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL