The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Last (Gil)Breath (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

aktino
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of aktino
The very last issue of Apocalypse (December 1997) leads off with Last (Gil)Breath, a beautiful impossible location by Richard Vollmer. I am not aware of many (if any) effects based on the Gilbreath principle that allow you to start with a freely shuffled deck but Last (Gil)Breath does just that.

There is just one catch when I perform this effect; I seem to be unable to consistently "nail" the spectator's card. I will not discuss the modus operandum in an open forum, but for those familiar with the effect, I can say that I sometimes get pairs facing the same way when I should not and vice versa. And I do not understand why.

I would love to hear from anyone who is familiar with the effect and can provide some guidance. Happpy to correspond via PM if your prefer.

Thank you.
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
Quote:
On 2011-10-23 21:00, aktino wrote:
The very last issue of Apocalypse (December 1997) leads off with Last (Gil)Breath, a beautiful impossible location by Richard Vollmer. I am not aware of many (if any) effects based on the Gilbreath principle that allow you to start with a freely shuffled deck but Last (Gil)Breath does just that.

If you perform Stewart James' Miraskill, the red/black pile at the end has exactly the same qualities at the end as a pile of cards that's been prepared for Gilbreath and then shuffled once. Remember, in Miraskill, they can shuffle the deck as much as they like!

Quote:
There is just one catch when I perform this effect; I seem to be unable to consistently "nail" the spectator's card. I will not discuss the modus operandum in an open forum, but for those familiar with the effect, I can say that I sometimes get pairs facing the same way when I should not and vice versa. And I do not understand why.

I would love to hear from anyone who is familiar with the effect and can provide some guidance. Happpy to correspond via PM if your prefer.

Thank you.

They key points are the initial shuffle, the two turnovers (the first just after they cut, and the second when you pick up the half that doesn't have their card). Assuming you remember the two required cards as well, the trick should work.

Try reading the trick again with the article in front of you, and make sure you're hitting EVERY step. You're missing an important step somewhere.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Last (Gil)Breath (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL