The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The October 2011 entrée: Alain Nu » » Berglas Effect / Romeo and Juliet ACAAN » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bosco J.
View Profile
Elite user
New York
462 Posts

Profile of Bosco J.
Hello Alain,

Glad to see you as the Guest of Honor on the Café.

A few years ago at one of your lectures, I had the privileged of being "fried" (with a room of 20 magicians/mentalists) while watching your presentation of ACAAN. It was a great moment. I felt like a layman again Smile.

There's a bit of an obsession by magicians/mentalists to find the "ultimate" method/version of the Berglas effect while some dismiss it as a fascination for magi's and not as profound for laymen.

Was is your opinion on it Alain? Is it all in the presentation? Is the method really that important or is it (like all good mentalism/magic) the perception we've creating in the minds of the observer?

Bosco
Alain Nu
View Profile
V.I.P.
256 Posts

Profile of Alain Nu
Hi Bosco!

I think when it comes to opinions, everyone has one, and they CAN vary! So it doesn't concern me to hear what others have to say that isn't constructive.

When it comes to any of what we do as performers, method won't matter much at all to the observer unless it changes the experienced effect on any significant level. That significance can be suggested by the performer even non-verbally.

my opinion is as follows: like all mystery presentations, if presented in a convincing manner, ACAAN IS a profound effect on anyone who doesn't know the method.

Alain
Bosco J.
View Profile
Elite user
New York
462 Posts

Profile of Bosco J.
Thank you Alain for that reply. That's very helpful and insightful coming from a pro.

Quote:
anyone who doesn't know the method.

I think a search for the grail continues for most because of that very thing. Many of the known methods may not (in the mind of that performer)create a "clean enough" presentation for some. The more conditions that are met (shuffled deck, any number named, spec deals cards faced up, etc...), the more it will make the presentation convincing and powerful.

While that search continues, thanks for offering your contribution (Any Card...) to the community!

Bosco
Alain Nu
View Profile
V.I.P.
256 Posts

Profile of Alain Nu
Quote:
On 2011-10-26 13:06, Alain Nu wrote:

When it comes to any of what we do as performers, method won't matter much at all to the observer unless it changes the experienced effect on any significant level.

by contrast, imo, method DOES become important to the performer, in terms of ease, convenience, impact, and length of time preparing/learning, which is why I believe (and so many others out there, including David Berglas) that Any Card... is one of the best options out there.

Thanks Bosco, for your positive input! Very much appreciated!

Alain
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The October 2011 entrée: Alain Nu » » Berglas Effect / Romeo and Juliet ACAAN » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL