The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Split Fans. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
skilldini
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of skilldini
Suren, you have mastered the split fan. On stage you would move your right hand forward and bend your wrist back so more can see. The tendency while practicing is to produce fans upstage and look at them. When you produce fans you don't see them as they are in front of you, straight out. The fans are parallel with the stage edge. I like how your hand splits a fan and dumps cards...it looks good. Your motion is relaxed and you are not "working it". One thing Dai Vernon told me a long time ago was to produce a few and quit. I know the thing today is produce 500 cards, but Vernon said, "produce a few cards, let them know you can do it and quit". I follow his advice. Make it look like you are plucking cards from the air. If you look at Skilldini on Youtube at about 8:00 minutes, I do a one card vanish. The reproduction is lame, it's a long fanning card. But my point is, I do a one card vanish tight, no edges, gone on the upswing as if you throw the card up. People love that. Then a snap production. I do that as a fun trick most times. A perfect one card vanish and reproduction is very strong. Never repeat it. Later on the youtube video I get some cards and do some splits and singles, which I do lazily, but that is about how many I do. The character is the thing unless you want to win magic contests.
Suren
View Profile
Veteran user
Armenia
314 Posts

Profile of Suren
Thanks for the advice, Skilldini. I appreciate it.
henri loik
View Profile
Regular user
Near Chicago, Illinois
136 Posts

Profile of henri loik
That's cool. I don't know much about producing cards or stage manipulation except back palms (Which I haven't practiced). Can anybody tell me where I can find the technique for this?
Suren
View Profile
Veteran user
Armenia
314 Posts

Profile of Suren
I learned from Jeff McBride's Art of Card Manipulation.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Split Fans. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL